Accessible Transit Service (CATCAB)
Phase 2 Service Update
CAT CAB services will be available in a reduced capacity during regular business hours Monday - Friday 7:45AM - 4:30PM. Individual rider time slots will be increased from 10 minute to 15 minute increments to allow for additional cleaning and sanitizing between customers. To schedule a ride please call 740-593-1917, text 740-593-4040, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Until further notice we ask that all CAT CAB riders follow new service guidelines to ensure the safety of all staff and riders. These guidelines have been developed in accordance with the broader University reopening recommendations.
To enhance the safety of passengers TPS has enacted the following operational changes:
- High touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected after each ride.
- Barriers have been installed to separate transit operators and passengers.
- Only one passenger will be permitted in the vehicle at a time with the exception of individuals with a personal care assistant. If a personal care assistant will be traveling with you please ensure this has been indicated in advance of your pickup.
- The schedule has been modified from 10-minute time increments to 15-minute time increments to allow for cleaning and sanitization between each rider.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided inside of the vehicle.
- All passengers are required to wear a mask for the duration of their travel.
- All drivers will be required to wear a face mask.
- TPS also recommends that riders practice proper hygiene by washing hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds before and after riding in the vehicle or use 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
We are committed to diversity and inclusiveness with the goal of providing a welcoming environment for faculty/staff, students and guests requiring accessible transportation and parking accommodations.
CATCAB is a free para-transit service to assist faculty/staff and students with mobility limitations. This service addresses the topography and parking challenges on the campus of Ohio University by providing door-to-door transportation with fully accessible vehicles.
Service Hours & Locations
- Monday-Friday: 7 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday-Sunday: 9:30 PM - 3 AM - Currently not available
CATCAB services campus locations & up to 1 mile driving distance from the center of campus (Baker University Center).
Riders interested in utilizing para-transit resources should complete the following steps for service registration:
- Step 1--Provide Physician Referral or Student Accessibility Registration: A referral or registration is required, but not both.
- Physician Referral: The CATCAB Physician Referral Form may be completed by the rider's physician and faxed to Transportation and Parking Services. Referrals must be received prior to the first scheduled ride.
- Office of Student Accessibility Services Registration: Faculty/staff and students who are registered with the Office of Student Accessibility Services Student Accessibility Services or Office of University Accessibility Office of University Accessibility are not required to complete a physician referral form. Visit the quick links located on the right sidebar for registration information.
- Step 2--Complete Service Schedule & Agreement: The CATCAB Schedule & Agreement Form should be completed detailing ridership service needs and submitted electronically to Transportation & Parking Services.