Phase 2 Service Update
Ohio University's charter bus services are enhancing the safety of passengers through operational changes in response to COVID-19 including:
- High touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected before and after travel, including handrails and seats.
- Barriers have been installed to separate transit operators and passengers.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided inside the buses at the front doors.
- Drivers will be wearing face masks.
- Riders will be required to wear face masks.
- Certain seats will be taped off to promote physical distancing and limited occupancy.
- All riders will be responsible for loading/unloading their own luggage.
- Passenger capacity ranges from 26-28 passengers depending on on charter bus layout.
- Portable HEPA filters located onboard each Ohio University bus.
- In addition, TPS recommends all riders:
- Adhere to physical distancing while on board and by spacing out when seating on the bus.
- Practice proper hygiene- wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after riding the bus or use 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Out of state reservation requests must follow the University Travel Restriction Guidelines. Anyone traveling out of the state of Ohio will need prior written approval by the respective unit Vice President or Provost Office.
Need transportation for an upcoming university event?
Let our team of professional driving staff help! Providing safe, reliable & affordable ground transportation tailored to meet your event/travel needs.
Reservations & Pricing:
Requests should be submitted via the Charter Service Reservation Form. For reservation requests made within 10 business days of proposed travel date - please contact Transportation & Parking Services to verify service availability. Cost estimates are based on information provided; charges are based on actual service. Reservation requests must include itinerary & manifest list. Groups are responsible for driver lodging & meals for overnight trips. Please provide cancellation notice at least 30 days in advance of trip departure date or cancellation fees may apply.