Frequently Ask Questions

Still have a question after reviewing the Frequently Ask Questions contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (740) 593-1800 or email us at

  • Need help contacting your advisor, go to My OHIO Student Center, which allows you to enter your OHIO ID and password and directly access your advisor information. If you continue to have difficulty locating your advisor, you should contact your college dean’s office.
  • Having difficulty adjusting to college level work contact the Academic Achievement Center–(740) 593-2644, located on the second floor of Alden Library – provides tutoring and supplemental instruction sessions (SI).
  • Need help aligning resources in academic advising, career, and experiential learning contact The Center for Advising, Career and Experiential Learning located at 39 University Terrace, McGuffey Hall or (740) 566-8888.
  • General academic concerns contact Allen Advising or (740) 566-8888.
  • Career goals and determining a major, the Career Network – (740) 566-8888 located at 101 McGuffey Hall or email
  • Course Grade Appeal Procedure is outlined in the faculty handbook or contact the Office of the Ombudsperson at or (740) 593-2627.
  • Have a grievance that relates to your academic program or coursework contact the Ombuds Office, 501 Baker University Center, (740) 593-2627 They can provide advice and assistance to help you resolve academically related conflicts.
  • Visit the website for updated information click here or contact (740) 566-8445 or email
Housing & Resident Life
  • Questions regarding housing self-service, student housing handbook, summer housing & dining, floor plans, first year student room selection, hall configuration, mail, laundry, and how to report a room issue visit Housing and Residence Life, or (740) 593-4090.
  • Roommate or Living Arrangement concerns about roommate conflict or problems with your living environment on-campus, you should contact your resident assistant (RA) and discuss your concern. If you feel that the situation has not been resolved, you should contact the resident director (RD) of your residence hall.
  • Off-campus living arrangement concern you should contact Off-Campus Living – 215 Living Learning Center, (740) 593-4090.
Learning Disabilities
  • If you have a learning disability, are having trouble adjusting to classes or suspect that you have a learning disability, Student Accessibility Services – 230 Alden Library, (740) 593-2620 – offers support for students diagnosed with learning disabilities. You should register with this office upon arrival to campus.
  • Counseling & Psychological Services – (740) 593-1616, located on the 3rd floor of Hudson – can provide diagnostic tests and counseling support for students with special needs.
  • Well-being Coaching is a free one on one individualized guidance program that provides opportunities for you to gain awareness and learn strategies to help you set realistic goals tailored to your lifestyle.  They take a positive approach to personal development; utilize motivational interviewing techniques while focusing on your strengths to generate goals that are meaningful to you. For more information or how to request a coach click here or email questions at
Financial Concerns
  • Having concerns regarding finances, etc, the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships  - (740) 593-4141, located in 020 Chubb Hall – provides information and counseling to all students. Financial assistance is available through loans, scholarships, grants, work-study, PACE (Program to Aid Career Exploration) and emergency short-term loans.
  • If you are experiencing a financial difficulty due to an emergency situation or one time hardship, please visit the OHIO Emergency Microgrants website.
Student Jobs
  • Looking for a student job on campus that will work with a student class schedule.  Here is information regarding student eligibility click here and job postings click here.
Parent & Families
  • Sign up for the parent and family newsletter and get information regarding parents and family weekends schedule, academic calendar,  office of the bursar, and other campus resources here.
  • Need to file a report regarding sexual misconduct or discrimination/bias go to the University Equity and Civil Rights Compliance website for more information click here.  Reports can be completed on-line or in-person.  Contact the office at (740) 593-9140 or by email or
  • For resources on making a report or for confidential resources please see the resources page of the Office of University Equity and Civil Right Compliance.
Student Conduct
  • Your student is going through the student conduct process and you have questions regarding that process visit the Office of Community Standards here or call (740) 593-2629.
Student Health Insurance
Student Records Request

The Dean of Students office works collaboratively with the Office of Community Standards and Student Responsibility to process transfer requests, Dean Certification Forms, Graduate or Professional Program Applications, and Barr Examination Forms. You can learn more about student records request by visiting Community Standards Records Information.

Should you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Community Standards and Student Responsibility at 740-593-2629 or the Dean of Students Office at 740-593-1800.

Student Services
  • Commuter students having adjustment issues contact Commuter Student Services at University College, 140 Chubb Hall (740) 593-1935 or .
  • Death of a Family member and you need to leave campus, you should contact your academic dean's office who will notify your professors about your absence. Whenever possible, you should contact professors individually. Follow-up support or additional assistance contact the Dean of Students Office – (740) 593-1800 or email
  • Have a question regarding tuition fees, payment options, student account, how to be an authorized user, refunds, direct deposit, payment plan or tax information visit the Office of the Bursar here, 740-593-4130, or email
  • International Student Services If you have questions regarding immigration, correspondence with sponsors or getting in touch with embassies, the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) – (740) 593-4330, located in Walter International Education Center – assists international students with initial orientation to Athens and Ohio University, as well as helping you with problems, university regulations and other related concerns.
  • Studying abroad questions, you should contact the Office of Global Opportunities in Walter International Education Center at (740) 593-4583 or
  • Internships interested in finding an internship related to your major, you should contact the individual academic departments, which coordinate the internships for your major, or visit the Center for Advising, Career and Experimental Learning (ACEL), (740) 566-8888 or
  • Organizations/Involvement – The following offices offer many opportunities for students to get involved including more than 500 registered student organizations
    • Campus Involvement Center – (740) 593-4025, located in 355 Baker University Center 
    • Campus Recreation – Information regarding the Aquatic Center, Bird Ice Arena, Charles J. Ping Recreation Center, Golf Course & Driving Range, Tennis Center, Walter Fieldhouse, club sports, fitness, intramural sports outdoor pursuits, well-being and youth programs visit here.  Contact Campus Recreation at or (740) 593-9901
    • LGBT Center - Our LGBT Center cultivates safe and civil university and community environments that affirm diverse forms of sexuality, gender identity and expression, and queerness. For more information click here or contact or call (740) 593-0239.
    • The Office of Multicultural Programs – (740) 593-4027, located in 205 Baker University Center 
    • Sorority and Fraternity Life, leadership development and cultural and campus programming.  For more information visit here, (740) 593-4065 or email
    • Housing & Residence Life, (740) 593-4090, can refer you to many alternative programs on weekends & evenings (you should see your RA for more information).
    • Women’s Center - Women's Center promotes inclusion, honors difference, and works with faculty, staff, students, and the larger Athens community, to promote academic achievement, active global citizenship, and substantive leadership positions for women in all professional fields, as well as building confidence within women's personal lives, by using an intersectional, though gendered, lens.  For more information click here to contact or (740) 593-9625.
Transportation & Parking Services
  • Questions or need more information about parking on campus, student permits, parking citation guidance or transit services click here, email tps@ohio.ledu or call (740) 593-1917.
Well being
  • Concerns regarding meeting people, depression, lack of confidence, eating disorders, alcohol, drug use, relationship difficulties (family, friends, significant others), individual counseling, support groups, etc. contact Counseling & Psychological Services – (740) 593-1616, located on the 3rd floor of Hudson Hall 
  • Additional support for students are through a student well-being coach. Coaches can help with sleep, social support systems, nutrition and many other areas. Sign up for Student Well-Being Coaching 
  • Need medical attention including lab work, x-rays and a pharmacy contact OhioHealth Campus Care located in the Hudson Health Center in Hudson Hall for an appointment call (740) 592-7100.
  • Concerns regarding food insecurity, contact Bobcats Helping Bobcats in the Basic Needs office located in Baker University Center 354. Sign up to become a member of Cats’ Cupboard the campus food pantry for students, faculty and staff by visiting Cat's Cupboard sign-up.