- Wednesday, Nov 14, 2018 - 4:45PM Ohio University is open.
As winter weather approaches, OHIO would like to remind all University employees about the University’s policy on emergency closing.
University Policy #40.051 provides information related to declaring an emergency school closing and establishes guidelines for the compensation of classified and administrative employees during an emergency. This includes classified non-bargaining unit, administrative hourly, administrative salary and classified bargaining unit employees (per the bargaining agreements in place).
Employees who do not feel it is safe to travel to their respective campus(es) should follow normal call-off procedures or contact their supervisor.
In the event of a winter weather emergency, OHIO’s Alert page(s) will be updated as necessary. If you are uncertain about the status of an event planned on any of OHIO's campuses, please contact the event organizer(s) directly.
If an emergency is a critical incident, or becomes a critical incident, you can find information through:
- Ohio University's Homepage
- Your campus e-mail (@ohio.edu accounts)
- Text message
- Ohio University’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Campus televisions connected to CATvision
- Outdoor emergency notification system
- 740.597.1800 for a recorded message (on Athens campus, 7-1800)
- Non-tech methods (on-the-ground teams, bullhorns, posted alerts, etc.)