Chairs and Directors Council
The mission of the Chairs & Directors (C&D) Council is to build a community of academic chairs and directors at Ohio University for the purpose of information sharing and professional development. The C&D Council strives to provide opportunities for members to develop fundamental knowledge and skills related to the role of a department chair or school director, to learn about universities strategies/initiatives related to academics and faculty, and to network with other chairs and directors to share best practices.
Membership & Leadership
Membership in the C&D Council is extended to the following faculty:
- Faculty who serve in the role of department chair or school director (with the rights and responsibilities outlined in the Ohio University Faculty Handbook);
- Faculty who serve in the role of academic center director (or equivalent) who are responsible for leading, managing, and assessing a credential bearing academic program (i.e., degree, major, minor, or certificate);
- Faculty who have been designated by a Dean (or equivalent) as serving in a role with equivalent academic and administrative responsibilities as a department chair or school director.
The Executive Committee of the C&D Council serves as the officers and leadership of the C&D Council. The Executive Committee members are elected by the members of the C&D Council
The C&D Council meets regularly during each academic year. Typically, the C&D Council will announcement a schedule of monthly meetings (September – May) at the beginning of each academic year (August). The C&D Council also offer additional opportunities for members to attend meetings or other events relevant to the mission of the C&D Council including training, learning sessions, and workshops.
For more information, please contact Katie Hartman (email@example.com), Vice Provost for Faculty Development.
Other Documents and Resources
- Accreditation at Ohio University
- Calendar of University Events
- Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education
- Community Standards and Student Responsibility
- Contacts List - president's office, provost's office, deans, chairs, etc.
- Emeritus/Emerita Nominations
- Faculty - Group I Promotion/Tenure
- Faculty - Group II Promotion
- Faculty - Clinical Promotion
- Institutional Research
- Inter-University Council of Ohio (IUC)
- Leaves of Absence: Educational, Parental, FMLA, Military, etc.
- Performance Management - Administrative, Professional, Classified
- Program Review at Ohio University
- Teaching Rates / Overload Rates
Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE)
State of Ohio
- Ohio Revised Code Title 33 - Education and Libraries
- Ohio Revised Code 3345 - State Universities
- Ohio Revised Code 3345.28 - Faculty Improvement Program
(Applies to Ohio University's Faculty Fellowship Leaves)
- Ohio Sunshine Laws