Chairs and Directors Emerging Leadership Award
The Chairs & Directors Emerging Faculty Leaders Award recognizes outstanding probationary, tenure-track faculty who have demonstrated exceptional leadership attributes in their department/school, college, the university, and/or the broader university community.
Full-time, tenure-track, probationary faculty have been OHIO faculty between 3-5 years (i.e., third, fourth, or fifth year) at the time of the award nomination.
Criteria include exceptional contributions and leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Course/curriculum development and innovations
- Student success and/or achievement of student learning goals
- Research, scholarship, and/or creative activity
- Department, college, university, and/or professional service
Any department chair or school director may nominate an eligible faculty member. Nominations should be submitted via email to Katie Hartman. The following should be submitted (in this order) as one PDF document:
- Letter of nomination from department chair or school director (limit = 2 pages)
- Narrative from nominee that highlights contributions and accomplishments (limit = 3 pages)
- Progress toward tenure letters (or annual evaluation letters)
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
Completed nominations with all supporting documentation must be submitted by February 15.
All nominations will be reviewed by the Selection Committee, which will include members of the Chairs & Directors Executive Committee and the Vice Provost for Faculty Development.
The recipient of the OHIO Chairs & Directors Emerging Faculty Leader Award will be recognized at an annual university faculty awards celebration. Annually, one recipient will receive a cash award of $1,000.