MAC Outstanding Faculty Award
The MAC Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success recognizes one full-time faculty member nominee from each MAC institution who has shown a dedication to student success. The MAC also honors one nominee who has gone above and beyond in their dedication to their students as the overall winner of the Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success.
The award is open to any full-time faculty, both tenure-track and instructional, who are engaged with undergraduate or graduate students and demonstrate a commitment to student success and inclusion. The faculty member should also have appreciation for the MAC Core Values, including academic achievement, commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity, fiscal responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship, and student-athlete well-being.
Applicants must be a full-time faculty member engaged with undergraduate and/or graduate students and demonstrate commitment to the following criteria:
- Student success
- Demonstration of commitment to student success and lifelong learning
- Demonstration of predominantly outward focus on student success, rather than inward focus on personal teaching/research success
- Demonstration of a commitment to student support and development
- Demonstration of enhancements to the student experience (curricular and co-curricular)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research, scholarship, and creative activities
- Development or support of an inclusive environment/culture
- Demonstration of a commitment to inclusion
- Active participation in the promotion and educational awareness of inclusion
- Appreciation for the MAC Core Values including:
- Academic Achievement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, & Equity
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Student-Athlete Well-Being
Applicants must submit all of the following electronically:
- 500-word statement from application addressing the criteria
- A current vita - limit three pages including the most relevant information/experience related to the award criteria
- Three letters of support with:
- At least one letter from a student
- At least one letter from a Dean or Chair/Director
- Professional headshot and 250-word bio (for public release)
Applications are due electronically to Katie Hartman (email@example.com) by end-of-the-day on December 9.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Hartman, Vice Provost for Faculty Development (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Previous MAC Outstanding Faculty Award Winners
- 2020: Dr. Sarah Wyatt, Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
- 2021: Dr. Andrew Pueschel, Department of Management Systems, College of Business
- 2022: Dr. Frances Wymbs, Department of Primary Care, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine