IT Advisory Community: Learning Spaces
The Learning Spaces Advisory Community is open to OHIO students, faculty, and staff who have an interest in classrooms, labs, and other spaces where learning takes place.
At a glance
IT Services roadmaps display where we currently are and where we expect to be in the coming months and years in regards to technology at Ohio University. This Advisory Community is one of the major channels that influences the roadmap and IT's future work for the service.
To view the Learning Spaces roadmap, navigate to our IT Services roadmaps webpage. Under Available roadmaps, in the Service dropdown menu, select Learning Spaces.
Advisory communities not only provide a means for participants to engage with OHIO IT, but they also provide a platform for faculty, staff, and students to influence technology decisions based on their needs and experiences. In the past several months, this advisory community has:
- Confirmed the campus community's desire for greater classroom technology standardization as part of the Classroom Improvement Initiative. The Learning Spaces team plans to:
- Standardize technology in many classrooms over FY2023 (see the initiative's updated schedule for more details)
- Identified more proactive support opportunities and help content needs for faculty. The Learning Spaces team plans to:
- Market the Classroom Help Hub more extensively
- Increase OHIO IT's library of classroom technology help videos
- Discussed ongoing need for increases in hybrid-capable rooms. The Learning Spaces team has:
- Deployed two large capacity hybrid rooms, Irvine 194 & 199
- Continued working to modernize OULN spaces to make the hybrid experience smoother
- Learned about how reduced response times for urgent classroom support needs would benefit faculty. The Learning Spaces team is:
- Working with support teams to identify areas of improvement
Advisory Community meetings are flexible and open. Anyone can attend. To get the most of the experience, we recommend joining a special Microsoft Team that we have created to keep track of community-related conversations, documents, and meeting dates.
How to join the Microsoft Team
Sign up for the Learning Spaces Advisory Community on Microsoft Teams.
- When prompted, either:
- Download the Teams app, or
- Use the web app instead
- Check your email for a welcome message with more information on how to get the most out of the online group.
Any time the community meets, an online meeting space will be available inside of Microsoft Teams that you can use to participate remotely. The community's space in Teams also can be used to conduct chat-based conversations outside of scheduled meetings.
We also will post relevant files in the Team, such as agendas and minutes.
How to add Advisory Community meetings to your Outlook calendar
Once you have joined the Community on Teams:
- Locate a post with a purple calendar invite.
- Select the calendar invite and click Add to calendar.
Meetings will take place at least once per quarter with additional sessions scheduled as needed to accommodate time-sensitive discussions or to address demand. The three most recent meetings are listed below.
|Date||Time||Location||Agenda & Minutes|
|11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.||
Hybrid Teams and Alden 322
|09/14/2022||12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.||Scripps 001 & Hybrid Teams meeting|
|8/11/2022||11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Hybrid Teams meeting and Irvine 194|