IT Advisory Community: Teaching and Learning Technologies
How to Participate
Advisory Community meetings are flexible and open. Anyone can attend. To get the most out of the experience, we recommend joining a special Microsoft Team that we have created to keep track of community-related conversations, documents, and meeting dates:
- Sign up for the Teaching and Learning Technologies Advisory Community on Microsoft Teams.
- When prompted, either:
- Download the Teams app, or
- Use the web app instead
- Check your email for a welcome message with more information on how to get the most out of the online group.
Any time the community meets, an online meeting space will be available inside of Microsoft Teams that you can use to participate remotely. The community's space in Teams also can be used to conduct chat-based conversations outside of scheduled meetings.
We also will post relevant files in the Team, such as agendas and minutes.
How to add Advisory Community meetings to your Outlook calendar
Once you have joined the Community on Teams:
- Locate a post with a purple calendar invite.
- Select the calendar invite and click Add to calendar.
Meetings will take place at least once per quarter with additional sessions scheduled as needed to accommodate time-sensitive discussions or to address demand. The three most recent meetings are listed below.
|Date||Time||Location||Agenda & Minutes|
2020 LMS survey report
In January 2020, OIT sent a survey to:
- all current instructors (faculty or staff who teach a course)
- 100 department heads who were asked to distribute to all instructors and staff who work closely with Blackboard Learn
- 100 distributed IT staff (departmental IT on the Athens and regional campuses) who were encouraged to send it to anyone who uses Blackboard Learn or any other LMS
- 16 instructional designers who were asked to send to any instructors with whom they work.