Sunday, September 19, at 2 p.m.
Our primary goal at the Heritage College is to provide quality osteopathic medical training to our students to create excellent physicians. In-person teaching/learning is critical to that mission. To keep our students safe and on track with their educational program, we have made the difficult decision to restructure our Class of 2025 Convocation and White Coat Ceremony on Sept. 19.
In place of our traditional all-college event in the Convocation Center, members of the Class of 2025 will attend ceremonies on their respective campuses. Faculty, staff, families and loved ones will be able to view the ceremony virtually.
The ceremony will feature remarks by:
- Ohio University President Hugh Sherman
- Ohio University Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs
- Heritage College Executive Dean Ken Johnson
- Student Government Association National President Representative Alexis Ruffing
- Heritage College Society of Alumni and Friends President John Ramey
- Ohio Osteopathic Association President Henry Wehrum, and
- Athens City-County Health Commissioner/Medical Director James Gaskell, who will be receiving this year’s Phillips Medal of Public Service.
After the opening remarks, students will receive their white coats from their campus deans and will then recite the Osteopathic Pledge of Commitment. The ceremony will adjourn after closing remarks from the campus deans.
View Recordings of the 2021 Ceremony
ATHENS CEREMONY (run time: 1:10:51)
CLEVELAND CEREMONY (run time: 54:07)
DUBLIN CEREMONY (run time: 59:16)