Managing Flex Arrangements: Policies, Guidelines, and Tools
The University recognizes the positive impact flexibility in the workplace has on recruitment, retention, morale, engagement, and productivity. Given the mutually beneficial impact to both employees and the institution, supervisors and department/planning unit heads are strongly encouraged to utilize flex agreements as outlined below wherever possible.
In support of such agreements, supervisors are encouraged to use this website as a toolkit for success. Below, please find relevant official OHIO policies, guidelines from UHR, agreement forms, and additional helpful tools.
For questions, please contact your HR Liaison.
Policies and Guidelines
- 40.053: Flextime and Flexplace Scheduling for Classified Staff
- 40.063: Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Hours, and Flexplace for Administrators
- 91.003: Computer and Network Acceptable Usage
- UHR Guidelines for Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Hours, and Flexplace (PDF)
- OIT Guidelines: Securing Remote Work
Tools for Success
- Quick Start Guide: Creating Telecommute Plans (PDF)
- Managing Remote Employees: Quick Tips for Supervisors (PDF)
- Establishing and Managing Remote Tasks (PDF)
For All Faculty and Staff
- Conducting Remote Interviews (PDF)
- IT Security Training
- OIT Guide: Remotely Accessing Phone and Voicemail
- OIT Guide: Remote Work FAQs
- OIT Guide: Secure Workspaces
- OIT Guide: Secure Computing
- OIT Guide: Protect University Data
- OIT Guide: Secure Digital Communication
- OIT Guide: Phish Bowl