Managing Flex Arrangements: Policies, Guidelines, and Tools
PLEASE NOTE: In order to reduce the density of personnel as quickly as possible, we are suspending the requirement for employees to complete the Flexplace Agreement Form.
Employees should still work with their supervisors to clearly define work schedules and work responsibilities and to determine what technology will be utilized to perform work.
The employee must review and successfully complete relevant online training regarding IT Data Security best practices as soon as possible. To register for training, the employee’s supervisor must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting registration on behalf of the employee, and the date range they will be required to complete it in.
The University recognizes the positive impact flexibility in the workplace has on recruitment, retention, morale, engagement, and productivity. Given the mutually beneficial impact to both employees and the institution, supervisors and department/planning unit heads are strongly encouraged to utilize flex agreements as outlined below wherever possible.
In support of such agreements, supervisors are encouraged to use this website as a toolkit for success. Below, please find relevant official OHIO policies, guidelines from UHR, agreement forms, and additional helpful tools.
For questions, please contact your HR Liaison.
Policies and Guidelines
- 40.053: Flextime and Flexplace Scheduling for Classified Staff
- 40.063: Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Hours, and Flexplace for Administrators
- 91.003: Computer and Network Acceptable Usage
- UHR Guidelines for Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Hours, and Flexplace (PDF)
- OIT Guidelines: Securing Remote Work
Tools for Success
- Quick Start Guide: Creating Telecommute Plans (PDF)
- Managing Remote Employees: Quick Tips for Supervisors (PDF)
- Establishing and Managing Remote Tasks (PDF)
For All Faculty and Staff
- Conducting Remote Interviews (PDF)
- OIT Guide: Remotely Accessing Phone and Voicemail
- OIT Guide: Checklist for Temporary Remote Work
- OIT Guide: Remote Work FAQs