Data & Reporting
Office of the University Registrar Mission:
“Support the University mission by modeling the highest standards of the registrar profession in providing exemplary service to the University's students, faculty, staff, alumni, and families, while ensuring accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of academic records."
The Office of the University Registrar provides unit record data to support the operational needs of the academic units. The data obtained are for internal use only. Most of the data are confidential and protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For more details about this Federal law, please visit FERPA FAQ.
- If you have a public records request for student directory information as defined by Ohio University, please contact the Office of Legal Affairs at LegalAffairs@ohio.edu or call 740-593-2626.
- If you need aggregate, or longitudinal data, or if you need official data to report outside of Ohio University, then you will need to obtain that data from Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics. Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics provides a significant amount of data on their website and in OBI (Oracle Business Intelligence) on the Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics dashboard. If the website and OBI do not meet your needs, contact the office by email IEA@ohio.edu or call 740-593-1059.
- If you need data for Responsibility Centered Management (RCM), then your college Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) or the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics is your data source.
OBI = Oracle Business Intelligence. OBI is the central system supported by the Office of Information Technology for providing access to data and reports at Ohio University.
If you have an ad hoc report or other data need to support your office, please complete and submit the Ad Hoc Request for Student Data (qualtrics.com). If you have questions regarding the request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include as many details about the criteria for the report as possible and include a desired completion date. We will try to meet your deadline; however, it is best to submit your request at least two weeks in advance of your deadline.
- OBI Registrar Overview [PDF]
- Enrolled Students by Term Dashboard [PDF]
- Degrees Awarded Dashboard [PDF]
- Grade Distribution Dashboard [PDF]
- Applications for Graduation Dashboard [PDF]
- Class Schedule Dashboard [PDF]
- Historic Course Enrollment Dashboard [PDF]
- Course Planner Dashboard [PDF]