Graduation Application is Available for Fall Semester 2023-24
From: OHIO Registrar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Monday, August 28, 2023
To: Enrolled Students
Subject: Graduation Application is Available for Fall Semester 2023-24
The graduation application for Fall Semester 2023-24 is available in the MyOHIO Student Center. Graduation is not automatic. If you are planning to graduate at the end of fall semester, you must apply for graduation.
The deadline to apply for fall graduation is Monday, October 2, 2023, for all degrees. You will receive an email with a confirmation number once your graduation application is complete. If you do not have a confirmation number your application is not complete; please log back in to complete your application or contact the University Registrar’s office for assistance (email@example.com or 740-593-4196).
Students who want to graduate fall semester but fail to apply for graduation by October 2, 2023, will need to request an exception to the deadline, and if approved, must pay a $100.00 fine to have their graduation application processed for the fall semester. The alternative is to apply for graduation in a future semester.
Fall degree conferral date is December 16, 2023. Degree-bearing transcripts will be available approximately four weeks after this date. More information about the graduation process is available online.
- Sign in to MyOHIO Student Center
- Click on "other academic..."
- Choose "Apply for Graduation OHIO.”
- You will be taken to the graduation application.
- Respond to the questions and complete the fields in the application. Click “Save and continue” to progress through the application. Your application is not complete until you have clicked “Complete Application” on the page that summarizes all of your application details. This will finalize your application and you will not be able to make any changes after this step. Once you complete the application, any changes must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740.593.4196.
- Within the application you may optionally “Save” your application prior to completing it. For example, if you don’t have time to complete it at once or need to gather information prior to finalizing you can logout after you have clicked one of the “Save and continue” buttons. Your application will be saved, and you will be able to log on before the deadline to complete the other items and finalize your application by clicking “Complete Application.” If you have initiated but not completed the application process, you will receive an email a few days before the application deadline reminding you to finalize your application. If you don’t finalize your application by clicking “Complete Application,” you will not be considered for graduation and your name will not appear in the commencement program. A graduation application fee will be charged, for each degree, to your student account once you complete your application. Application fees can be found on the Graduation Application webpage. This applies to any graduate student, medical student, or undergraduate non-OHIO guarantee student.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation number for your application for graduation. If you do not have a confirmation number then your graduation application has not been submitted and you should contact us for assistance at email@example.com or 740.593.4196.
For detailed instructions see below.
Congratulations, and best wishes on your final semester!
Debra M. Benton
1. To Apply: Sign in to MyOHIO Student Center
a. Click on "other academic..."
b. Choose "Apply for Graduation OHIO.”
2. You will be taken to the graduation application.
3. All of your active majors, minors, and certificates will be displayed and will default to “Apply.” You must “Apply” for at least one major. Note: If you are pursuing a major, minor, or certificate that is not listed, exit the application and contact your college student services office to add it to your record before completing the application.
a. If you plan to complete any of the major(s), minor(s), and/or certificate(s) at a later date, select “Will complete later” from the drop down box to the right of the major(s)/minor(s)/certificate(s).
b. If you do not plan to complete one or more of the major(s), minor(s), and/or certificate(s), then please select “Will never complete” from the drop down box to the right of the major(s)/minor(s)/certificate(s).
c. Baccalaureate degree-seeking students that are enrolled in the OHIO Honors program will also see “Nondegree Other” for the OHIO Honors program. It will be set to “Apply.” This should not be changed unless you are pursuing more than one degree and not completing both degrees at the same time. If you are completing a second degree later then you may select “Will Complete Later” for OHIO Honors and the degree you are completing later. If you will not complete the OHIO Honors program ever, then select “Will Never Complete.” Departmental Honors drop down box to the right of the Graduation Options drop down box. If you are completing a departmental honors thesis, select one of the department names from the drop down box. Note: This does not include students who anticipate graduating with Latin honors or any other type of honor.
d. Baccalaureate degree-seeking students that are enrolled in the OHIO Honors program will also see “ Nondegree Other” for the OHIO Honors Program. It will be set to “Apply”. This should not be changed unless you are pursuing more than one degree and not completing both degrees at the same time. If you are completing a second degree later then you may select “Will Complete Later” for OHIO Honors and the degree you are completing later. If you will not complete the Ohio Honors program ever, then select “Will Never Complete.”
e. You might be asked, “Will you be enrolling in a future term?” Please select “Yes” or “No” from the drop down box. The default is “No,” so if you will be enrolling in a future term you will need to select “Yes.”
f. Please click “Save and continue” to move on to the next question.
4. Verify how your name should be printed on your diploma.
a. Students may choose to use their legal name, an abbreviated variation of their legal name, or they may provide a preferred (chosen) name when they apply for graduation. The university reserves the right to remove a diploma name if it is used inappropriately or for misrepresentation. Ohio University recommends graduates who plan to live or work outside of the United States to use their legal name on their diploma. There could be complications if a student’s diploma is not consistent with other legal documents such as a transcript, passport, or birth certificate. Please visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information. Click "Save and Continue."
5. Update the address to which your diploma should be mailed, if it is not already accurate. Note: Diplomas will be mailed approximately 6 - 8 weeks after the semester end date. You will receive an email once it has been mailed.
a. You might be prompted to verify the address entered, if it does not match United States Postal regulations.
b. Click “Accept and Continue” or "Save and Continue," as prompted.
6. Enter any pending transfer courses, if you are transferring coursework from another college or university to complete your degree requirements.
a. Please include courses only if you have not previously been granted Ohio University credit. Enter the institution name, course title, and the credit hours being transferred. Please do not include any courses taken at Ohio University.
b. Click "Save and Continue."
7. Several questions about commencement appear next:
a. Are you planning to attend a commencement ceremony on the Athens Campus in the Fall? Please select “Yes” or “No” from the drop down box.
b. Are you planning to attend a recognition ceremony on one of the regional campuses in the Fall? Please select “Yes” or “No” from the drop down box. Note: If you select “Yes,” you will be required to select one of the regional campuses from the drop down box.
c. Click "Save and continue."
8. If you are applying for a baccalaureate degree, you will be given the opportunity to complete an optional survey. If you wish to complete the survey, make your selection, scroll down and click “Next.”
9. Click “Continue” to review and finalize your graduation application.
10. Review your responses listed on the summary page. If you have no changes, please finalize your application by clicking “Complete Application” at the bottom of the page. This finalizes your application, and once clicked, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740.593.4196 to request any changes. Applications for graduation cannot be removed/reversed once submitted.
a. At the bottom of the screen, any charges your account will be assessed are displayed. Charges will post within 24 hours of your completed application.
b. Displayed at the top of this page is the message “Your application for Summer Semester 2021-22 is complete!” along with a confirmation number. You may print this page for future reference.
c. You will receive a confirmation email to your OHIO email account, which will include the confirmation number that is displayed on your completed application.
d. You may also log into the Application for Graduation to view your completed application.