2022 Health Scholars Research Symposium
November 4, 2022
11:00 AM-2:00 PM
Athens Campus: Heritage Hall Atrium
Cleveland Campus: SPS110
Dublin Campus: MEB2 240
The Ohio University College of Health Sciences and Professions, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service are hosting the 2022 Health Scholars Research Symposium on Friday, November 4, 2022. This event will feature research posters by students and postdoctoral fellows, an awards presentation, and a keynote speaker. The goal of this event is to bring awareness of the research being conducted by health scholars at OHIO that impacts the state of health in Ohio and beyond.
Research abstracts from 63 participants are included in the abstract book. Abstracts are sorted by category and alphabetized by presenter name. The table of contents is hyperlinked throughout the document.
2022 Reseach Abstracts
Schedule of Events:
11:00-11:30 AM Deans Remarks
11:30 AM-12:00 PM Poster Awards Presentation
12:00-1:00 PM Keynote Speaker: Maureen Corcoran, Director of Medicaid, Ohio Department of Medicaid
1:00-2:00 PM View Posters/Networking
Poster Abstract Submission Information
ELIGIBILITY: Participants must be students or postdoctoral fellows enrolled in a degree or certificate program or be working for the College of Health Sciences and Professions, the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, or the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 10, 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted.
SUBMISSION PROCESS: Poster abstracts must be submitted electronically using the link below.
Other Important Information
- Only one student or postdoctoral fellow presenter per poster abstract submission.
- Poster presentation judging will be held on the evening of Thursday, November 3 (tentatively 5:00-8:00 PM). Athens participants are expected to present in person in Hertiage Hall; Cleveland, Dublin, and RHE campus participants will present from their remote locations using ZOOM.
- The Research Symposium will be held on Friday, November 4, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM, in Heritage Hall on the Athens Campus, on the Cleveland Campus, and on the Dublin Campus. Posters should be in place by 9:00 AM that morning.
- Posters must not exceed 36”x56”. The display boards will not properly accommodate posters that are larger.
- Submissions without the appropriate IRB/IACUC approval, if applicable, will not be accepted.
- Heritage College students must be in compliance with Heritage College Policy 7.11 and all requirements for participating in research and scholarly activities, including registering your project/activity, as outlined at https://www.ohio.edu/medicine/research/org/training-requirements-and-research-compliance at the time of submission. Submissions that are not in compliance with these requirements will not be accepted.
- For research completed outside of Ohio University, participants are required to submit a statement of approval to present their research poster at the Health Scholars Research Symposium from their mentor. This can be in the form of a short email acknowledgement from the mentor.
Poster Printing Information
College of Health Sciences and Professions Poster Printing
Students in the College of Health Sciences and Professions are eligible to receive one free print annually with the poster printer within the College. OHIO poster templates (linked above) should be used. Prints should be 36"x48" or a close equivalent to be scaled to the paper that is in stock. Contact Tim Grubb, director of technology services in the College of Health Sciences and Professions for more information.