Master's in Higher Education Online
Program Code: ME6276
The Online Master’s in Higher Education program is 100% designed for individuals who wish to advance their knowledge and skills while working within higher education settings. The program provides participants with a broad knowledge of the history, purposes, and contexts of higher education; leadership; organizational dynamics; the learning environment; and research concepts and methods. It is our intention to help our students:
- Receive and understand expert knowledge about American Higher Education, including
- History, purposes, and contexts of Higher Education
- Higher Education management and leadership
- Organizational perspectives
- Teaching and learning
- Research concepts and methods
- Translate knowledge into excellent practice
- Promote the development of opportunity and diversity throughout Higher Education
Curriculum & Requirements
The Master's degree program in Higher Education provides basic knowledge about Higher Education and responds to a broad range of individual needs. Elective courses complement the student's program of study to correspond with the student's background and career aspirations. Candidates for the Master's of Higher Education program must complete 30 credit hours. Below is an example of the curriculum for the Master's degree program in Higher Education
|Fall||EDCP 5220 Campus Environments||3|
|Fall||EDRE 5010 Introduction to Educational Research Methods||3|
EDHE 6880 Higher Education and Student Affairs in the United States
|Spring||EDHE 7790 Finance and Budgeting in Higher Education||3|
|Summer||EDHE 7210 Diversity in American Higher Education||3|
|Summer||EDHE 7850 Organization & Governance of Higher Education||3|
|Fall||EDHE 7860 Leadership and Change Management in Higher Education||3|
|Fall||EDHE 7880 Policy Perspectives in Higher Education||3|
|Spring||EDHE 6940 Capstone Project in Higher Education and Student Affairs||3|
|Spring||EDHE 5885 Historical and Contemporary Issues in Higher Education||3|
Tuition and Fees
Please check out the Bursar's website for the latest information.
Application and Admission Information
The next Master's in Higher Education online cohort will begin in Fall 2021. The Application Deadline has been extended to July 31, 2021. Ohio University Employees interested in this program must apply by March 15.
- Completed Graduate School Application and an application fee of $50
- Graduate Record Examination is NOT required.
- Submission of transcripts of bachelor's degree work
- Autobiographical Sketch/Personal Statement (2-3 pages, double-spaced)
The autobiographical sketch provides a sample of your writing. It should tell us about you as an applicant and address important factors in your life journey that have shaped your interest in Higher Education and brought you to apply to this program.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A current resume.
For further information, contact:
Higher Education and Student Affairs
McCracken Hall 432