Accepted Forms of Payment
Students: To make an online payment on your student account, login to MyOHIO Student Center. Under the Finances section select “Make a Payment.” This will direct you to our online payment processor. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
Authorized Users: To make an online payment, login to your Authorized User account. Please be sure to turn off any pop up blockers for your browser.
The Office of the Bursar accepts the following types of payment:
- eCheck (available online only): No service fee is charged for this option. You will need to provide your bank’s routing number and your checking or savings account number. If you have questions regarding the correct numbers to use, please contact your financial institution. Do NOT use the numbers on your debit card. Dishonored ACH payments are charged a $25.00 service fee.
- Credit Card (available online): A service fee of 2.75% is added to the total payment. This is a fee charged by our payment processor; Ohio University does not receive this additional fee. MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express are accepted.
- Personal Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order (available by mail or in person): Payments should be made to the order of Ohio University. Dishonored checks are charged a $25.00 service fee. Please include your OHIO PID number in the memo line of the payment.
- By mail:
Office of the Bursar
P.O. Box 960
Athens, OH 45701
- In person:
Payments can be placed in the drop box located inside the south entrance doors on the ground floor of Chubb Hall (Court Street side of the building). Please seal the payment (checks only; no cash) in an envelope with appropriate identifying information (e.g. student name and PID number).
- By mail:
- Wire payment – International (online): Ohio University has partnered with Flywire to provide our international students with an easy and secure method to send international payments in your home currency through your MyOHIO Student Center or Authorized User account.
Flywire allows you to:
- Pay from almost any country and any bank
- Avoid unexpected bank fees and ensure the best exchange rate with Flywire’s Best Price Guarantee
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Have access to dedicated multilingual customer support
You can also see our wire payment brochure [PDF] for more information.
Athens Campus is not capable of accepting payments of any kind over the phone. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Additional Payment Options
529 College Savings Plan
Payments should be initiated through your College Savings Plan provider at least two weeks before any payment due date. Many times, Ohio University will receive 529 payments on behalf of a student in the form of a paper check through the postal service. Ohio University has no control over transit time, so initiating 529 payments as soon as possible is highly encouraged.
Ascensus College Savings, one of the nation's largest administrators of 529 plans, has partnered with our payment processor, Transact Payments®, to offer School ePay. School ePay enables payers to make electronic tuition payments from participating 529 accounts directly via your MyOHIO Student Center or Authorized User account. To verify if your plan is participating chose the "Link my 529 Savings Plan" payment option when selecting your online payment method. Participating plans will be presented. Linking your 529 Savings Plan is an optional service.
Awarded financial aid will be listed on your MyOHIO Student Center. Financial aid will be applied to your student account if you have qualified for assistance and have completed the requirements of the aid. If you are expecting financial aid and your account does not have an award listed, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 740.593.4141, option 1.
If you are unable to pay your tuition and fees by the first due date for a term, you can enroll in the payment plan, which will split the balance of the current term into installments. Students who wish to enroll may do so by logging into their MyOHIO Student Center and, under the Finances section, selecting `Enroll in Payment Plan' from the dropdown menu. Authorized users may also enroll through the Authorized User Portal. Additional information may be found on our Payment Plan page.
Third Party Sponsored Students (Military/Tuition Assistance/Employers)
If your tuition and fees will be either partially or fully paid by a third-party sponsoring organization (your company, the military, or other sponsor), you must provide tuition assistance forms or other billing authorization to the Office of the Bursar by the Due Date of your account charges. Additional information may be found on our Sponsored Students page.
Students participating in employer tuition reimbursement programs may be responsible for covering their tuition charges out of pocket to be reimbursed by their company at a later date. Please check with the human resources or tuition reimbursement area within your company for specific information. Students participating in tuition reimbursement programs will be held to the due dates listed on the student account.