Tax Benefits for Education
Form 1098-T Access
My OHIO Student Center
- Sign in to My OHIO Student Center
- Click on the "other finances" drop down box
- Choose "View 1098-T"
- Go to the Authorized User Portal and sign in
- Choose the View 1098-T link
A video tutorial for Form 1098-T is available that explains how to retrieve it from the My OHIO Student Center.
Form 1098-T Information
- Effective January 1, 2018, tax law requires all educational institutions to report payments received for qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) in Box 1 of the Form 1098-T. Scholarships & Grants awarded during the 2018 calendar year will continue to be shown in Box 5.
- Please share the 1098-T information and your payment records with your tax adviser to determine your eligibility for education tax credits. Ohio University will not provide tax advice.
- Detailed information education tax credits can be found at Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center.
- Payment receipts can be accessed by selecting the 'Make a Payment' link in the Finances section of My OHIO Student Center. Then select 'Payment Information.' The box titled 'Your Recent Payments' will list all personal payments received by Ohio University.
- The Account Itemization provides an inclusive view of charges, payments, financial aid, and enrollment for a specified semester. The Account Itemization link is located in the Finances section of My OHIO Student Center. Authorized users can also access the Account Itemization on the Authorized User Portal.
- Need more information? View our Frequently Asked Questions.