IT Strategy and Investment Council
Purpose and charge
The IT Strategy & Investment Council provides oversight of the IT governance framework and informs IT investment priorities. The charge of the council is as follows:
- Actively engage in developing, maintaining, and assessing a rolling five-year roadmap for IT capabilities and investments
- Inform and approve major IT investments, divestments, and changes in resource allocation
- Review the IT portfolio at least annually
- Support and advocate for decisions once they are made
- Provide oversight of other IT governance activities and processes
Information technology exists to support the mission of the University. The IT Strategy & Investment Council will include University representatives who have institutional-wide perspectives on student-related, academic, research, operational, and administrative priorities. Non-IT participation on the Council is essential for alignment of IT issues across the University and alignment with the University's strategic plan.
The IT Strategy & Investment Council is currently in the process of formalizing new membership.