Understand Open Access
- SPARC Open Access
- Open Access 101 (~1 hr, 2014 webcast by Nick Shockey of the Right to Research Coalition)
- Open Access Explained! (<10 min.video, 2012, from Piled Higher and Deeper (PHD Comics))
Find Open Access: Discovery Tools for Articles, Journals, Books, Theses, Dissertations, Multimedia and Data
- OHIO Open Library - search or browse Ohio University's growing OA content.
- Digital Commons Network - search or browse the OA content available through the Digital Commons platform.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
- Search the OAIster Database - a union catalog of millions of records that represent open access resources built through harvesting from open access collections worldwide using the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)
- OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center - includes Ohio University dissertations and theses
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations - searchable metadata for (information about the theses) from over 1100 colleges, universities, and research institutions
- OpenDOAR Directory of Open Access Repositories - search and browse through thousands of registered repositories based on a range of features, such as location, software or type of material held
- Registry of Open Access Repositories (ROAR) - a database of repositories aiming to promote the development of open access by providing timely information about the growth and status of repositories throughout the world
- Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies (ROARMAP) - searchable international registry charting the growth of open access mandates and policies adopted by universities, research institutions and research funders that require or request their researchers to provide open access to their peer-reviewed research article output by depositing it in an open access repository.
- Registry of Research Data Repositories - offers an overview of existing international repositories for research data