Ohio University Southern and Proctorville Center are pleased to offer College Credit Plus opportunities. All interested students are encouraged to apply. The admission process for the College Credit Plus (CC+) program on any of Ohio University's regional campuses is modeled on our review process in place for degree-seeking freshman enrollment.
Successful applicants to any of Ohio University's regional campuses must be remediation-free and demonstrate a strong academic preparation to succeed in college-level coursework. For details regarding admission guidelines and remediation-free standards/placement testing, please visit:
For instructions on how to submit the College Credit Plus application and corresponding application deadlines, please visit:
Admitted new College Credit Plus students are required to attend an orientation session prior to registering for classes. Upon acceptance to the CC+ program, students will receive an email informing them to pre-register for one of the orientation dates. Students may only pre-register for orientation after being admitted to the program.
During orientation, each student will receive information regarding:
- Academic resources available to assist students
- Faculty expectations
- Student handbook and codes of conduct
- OU policy and procedures (including schedule change procedures, dropping a class)
- Black Board instruction
- ID picture
- Register for summer and/or fall classes
|Monday, December 12, 2022||5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.||In Person|
|Tuesday, December 20, 2022||9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||In Person|
Please note: A parent or legal guardian must attend the session.
To sign up, you will use your OHIO ID and password to login. If you have not already, activate your OHIO ID at account.ohio.edu. You will need your PID number and birthdate. You can find your PID number on your acknowledgement letter you received when you first applied as well as in your email. If you experience technical difficulty accessing account.ohio.edu, please contact the Service Desk at 740.593.1222. Once activated, register for an orientation session.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are students required to attend orientation?
Yes, students who are planning to participate in the program, must attend orientation regardless of whether they are taking classes at the high school, university or online. If students are unable to attend orientation they will not be permitted to register for classes. Students who have attended a previous orientation are not required to attend another session.
Does a parent have to attend the orientation?
Yes, students attending a College Credit Plus orientation must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, students are permitted to bring two guests for in-person orientation.
Are students required to pre-register for orientation?
Yes, all students MUST pre-register. If you arrive at orientation and have not pre-registered, you will be asked to register for one of the remaining dates.
If you have any questions regarding orientation, please contact the Student Resource Commons at 740.533.4600.
Academic advising is offered to students or applicants to the university by the staff of the Student Resource Commons (SRC), faculty and administration. Students will be assigned an academic advisor they will work with throughout their time at Ohio University Southern. An individual will want to arrange advising by visiting the SRC or by calling 740.533.4600 to schedule an appointment. Students must meet with an academic advisor each semester prior to registration for the term.
Southern Campus Library
The Southern Campus Library in the Collins Center is a welcoming space for reading, studying, or working in groups. CC+ students have access to millions of resources through online and on-campus tools. Library staff are available to help CC+ students find what they’re looking for, whether it’s peer-reviewed journal articles, course reserves or help with research. The library also offers affordable copying and printing, access to computers and study spaces.
- Find books for your course assignments or research in ALICE or OhioLINK
- Check Course Reserves for assigned class readings
- Find journal articles for your research papers and projects
- Learn how to conduct research successfully by completing INFOhio’s Research 4 Success (R4S) modules
- Need help? Visit or contact the Southern Campus Library or contact the general help desk (via chat, text, email or phone)
- To request help with research projects, contact the contact subject librarian for your class to schedule an appointment (online or in-person)
- Use library computers for papers, projects or to access special software
- Use our printers to print, copy and scan
- Learn how to print from your personal computer or device
- Check out the library hours
- Group study and quiet study spaces available
- Find your new favorite place to study or take a break
Campus Tutoring Services
Since the campus is operating on a hybrid approach there will be no in person tutoring this semester. However, the Academic Achievement Center (AAC) in Athens is offering free academic assistance programs to all Ohio University students. From tutoring to reinforcing good study habits, they help students overcome difficulties they might have with coursework and collaborate with them in managing the challenges of academic life. Studies show that students who seek academic assistance tend to perform better in their classes and retain more information.
- Remote tutoring is available via TutorTrac (opens in a new window). You will sign into TutorTrac (opens in a new window) using your Ohio ID and password. Please follow this link to schedule your tutoring appointment. Or you can call the AAC at 740.566.8888 to schedule as well.
- Once you make an appointment, your peer tutor will send you an email including a link to your tutoring appointment, which will be a Teams meeting. You and your tutor will be able to use chat, audio and/or video features, share documents, and work together on the whiteboard.
- You can also email the AAC at email@example.com with questions you might have.
If you have any questions regarding tutoring please contact Suzi Bloomfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.547.3836.
Helpful Campus Information
Please note: All links open in a new tab.
- The registrar's How to Register for Classes website
- My OHIO Success Network student website
- Student Accessibility Services contact page