Newly admitted College Credit Plus students will receive an email with information on completing an online orientation pre-module and uploading required documentation before attending an in-person orientation. Once a student completes the online orientation pre-module, they will receive an email with instructions on how to sign-up for new student orientation.
New College Credit Plus students are required to attend orientation before registering for classes. During orientation, each student will receive information regarding:
- Academic resources available to assist students
- Availability of the college advisor to assist students after the meeting
- Process for engaging faculty and other campus resources for academic assistance
- Student handbook and codes of conduct
- Academic impact of dropping a course after the no-fault withdrawal date
Students who have questions about CC+ orientation for the Athens Campus can email Zachary Graman.
College Credit Plus orientation typically occurs in mid-May for the second summer session, the first week of August for fall semester and mid-December for spring semester. These dates are subject to change. If other Bobcat Student Orientation dates are published on the orientation webpage, these may not apply to College Credit Plus students.
Please note: A parent or legal guardian must attend the session.
To sign up for CC+ orientation, you will need to use your OHIO ID and password to login. If you have not done so already, activate your OHIO ID. You will need your PID number and birthdate. You can find your PID number on the acknowledgement letter you received when you first applied and in your email. If you experience technical difficulties accessing account.ohio.edu, please contact the OIT Service Desk online or by calling 740.593.1222. Once you have activated your OHIO ID, register for an orientation session.
The University College Advising and Student Services office provides advising services for all College Credit Plus students attending the Athens campus. Their office is located in Chubb Hall, Room 140. Advising staff can be reached via telephone at 740.593.1935 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit the University College Advising and Student Services website.
During orientation, students will work with an advisor to select courses and be registered for their initial classes. Each student will be assigned a specific academic advisor after orientation and that advisor will work with the student to help the student achieve his or her academic goals and select appropriate courses.
Alden Library for College Credit Plus Students
College classes require extra reading, research, writing and studying. Alden Library has the tools, tech, spaces and people that will help you succeed.
Need to write a research paper of find course readings? We've got you covered.
- Find books for your course assignments or research in ALICE or OhioLINK
- Check Course Reserves for assigned class readings
- Find journal articles for your research papers and projects
- Need help? Connect with a librarian in-person at a service desk or online (via chat, text, email or phone)
- To request help with research projects, contact the subject librarian for your class to schedule an appointment (online or in-person)
No printer or high-end computer? No problem!
- Send your print jobs to the libraries' printers using our computers or your own device and pay with your OHIO ID or Bobcat Cash
- Use the libraries' computers to complete papers and projects or to access special software
- Create videos and visual projects in our Multimedia Center, which offers Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign and more.
Need to get work done? Visit the library to get inspired and study hard.
- Check out the library hours
- Reserve a study room
- Find your new favorite place to study by reviewing the Alden Library floor plans
- Grab a coffee or a snack at Cafe Bibliotech
Campus Tutoring Services
Managing coursework and succeeding academically can be challenging.
Tutoring Services—and the other services of the Academic Achievement Center—are here for students. Tutoring Services is the central source of academic support at Ohio University. Tutoring Services offers appointments and drop-in sessions where students can work with an individual tutor or group tutor to master course content. A tutor can also guide students to study smarter, take better notes, and remain cool and confident during exams.
Find Tutoring Services in the AAC on the second floor of Alden Library. Email email@example.com or visit the Tutoring Services website for more information.
Helpful Campus Information
Please note: All links open in a new tab.
- The Registrar's How to Register for Classes website
- My OHIO Success Network student website
- Student Accessibility Services contact page
Assistant Director for Dual Enrollment Programs
Chubb Hall 115K
1 Ohio University Drive
Athens, OH 45701