Help and Resources: Microsoft Teams
The instructions below go along with this Microsoft Teams Demo (video hosted on Panopto).
Set up your team
- Manage audio settings in Teams
- Join a Teams Meeting
- Adjust your view in a meeting
- Explore the Activity feed
- Start a chat with someone
- Email someone from Teams
- See who's online
- Invite people to use Teams
- Use tabs in chats
Use Assignments (for course-based Teams only)
Note: Teams for Classroom works well to promote collaboration and interaction among students, but it is not a Learning Management System. The best way to use Teams is as a supplement to Blackboard Learn.
Need OIT's help thinking through how to run an online meeting or live stream, including using a camera and/or microphone? Schedule a Microsoft Teams consultation.
- Join a meeting
- Schedule Teams meetings and invite others
- Share content in a Teams meeting
- Share system audio in a Teams meeting - Allows participants to hear your audio when you share your screen (such as showing a video)
- Record a meeting in Teams
- Raise your hand in a Teams meeting
- Download meeting attendance reports (during in-progress meeting only)
- Use Whiteboard in a Teams meeting
Collaborate on Files
Using Planner in Teams
Planner is a lightweight project management tool that you and members of your Team can use to create, assign, and organize tasks to collaborate on.