Select Leaders is one of the College of Business’ competitive programs for students who want to differentiate themselves, students who are hungry to embark on a journey of self-discovery, coaching and experiences, and students who are ready to develop into future leaders with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
Select Leaders begin the process of discovering their leadership identity through leadership curriculum, self-assessments, 360-degree feedback, and coaching sessions. Members apply what they have learned during engagements with real-world executives and networking trips to engage professionals in other cities. Furthermore, they utilize their leadership to serve others through mentoring other students and participating in community service events.
- Members begin studying principle-based leadership through different works of leadership curriculum. Members begin with interactive training on Stephen Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to learn to lead themselves and others with principles.
- Students are paired with a mentor/mentee in order to provide opportunities for personal and professional development; as well as a faculty coach with whom they discuss personal and professional accomplishments and goals.
- A Leadership Development Plan provides the student with an opportunity to reflect on and effectively communicate what they have learned in the program.
- Student in the College of Business
- 3.2 GPA minimum
- Freshman or sophomore status
The application process takes place during the spring semester and consists of two components. The first part is a written application that consists of essays, a resume, and one letter of recommendation that evaluates your leadership potential. If your application is selected, finalists will move on to the second component, comprised of individual and group interviews. Those invited into our program will join Select Leaders during the fall semester of the following academic year.
Applications [Word] are currently being accepted and are due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, January 28, 2022.
Email your questions now and a member of Select Leaders will get back to you.