Global Consulting Program
Prepare yourself for the challenges of the global business environment you will encounter upon graduation by working in a cross-cultural consulting team to solve authentic business problems abroad.
Choose from among several exciting locations, each with its own rich cultural heritage and unique opportunities for hands-on learning in a global business context.
- Applied business experience — Put your business skills to work providing solutions to complex problems for local and multinational clients. Working with a real company challenges you to integrate your business skills and bring about positive change.
- Cross-cultural immersion — Engage with your student peers abroad as colleagues, classmates and friends as you explore the distinctive culture of your chosen location. Each site offers unique excursions that will enrich your cross-cultural experience.
- Global business leadership skills development — Gain valuable, career-building experience as you work in multicultural teams. Experience in cross-cultural communication and management is a must in today’s global business environment.
Mark your calendar for your global business experience. All travel dates are tentative and will be confirmed pending availability with our partner institutions overseas.
Applications Fall/Winter GCP open in March.
- Ghent, Belgium: May 7-21, 2022, with Dr. Adam Rapp, Dr. Colin Gabler, and Greg Scott
- Sao Paulo, Brazil: May 7-21, 2022, with Theo Muir and Lori Marchese
- Dijon, France: May 20–June 4, 2022, with Nicole Smith and Dr. Rachida Aissaoui
- Bayreuth, Germany: May 14-May 28, 2022, with Dr. David Ridpath and Annie Valeant
- Thessaloniki, Greece: May 7-21, 2022, with Dr. Costas Vassiliadis and Dr. Vic Matta
- Pecs, Hungary: July 1-23, 2022, with Jeffrey Anderson and Dr. Janna Chimeli
- Ancona, Italy: June 25-July 9, 2022, with Dr. Andrew Pueschel and Shawnee Meek
*Student international travel is currently suspended by Ohio University. The College of Business is seeking university approval to run the GCP programs summer 2022. If approved, cancellation is possible up to the point of departure if health and safety concerns make travel unsustainable.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, participation in study abroad involves real and potential personal, financial, and academic risk. Read more about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic
Site directors are primarily OHIO College of Business faculty members who are responsible for managing the on-site portion of the Global Consulting Program. Each has been trained by GCP Program Director, Colin Gabler, who maintains extensive experience managing international programs.
Site directors travel to the site and work alongside students for the duration of the program and play a major role in preparing students prior to travel. They have considerable knowledge and experience about the GCP and the location they represent. Your GCP Site Director is the best person to ask if you have specific questions about the GCP experience.
Summer 2022 Site Directors
- Ghent, Belgium: May 7-21, 2022 – Dr. Adam Rapp and Dr. Colin Gabler
- Sao Paulo, Brazil: May 7-21, 2022 – Theo Muir and Lori Marchese
- Dijon, France: May 14-28, 2022 – Nicole Smith and Dr. Rachida Aissaoui
- Bayreuth, Germany: May 28-June 12, 2022 – Dr. David Ridpath and Annie Valeant
- Thessaloniki, Greece: May 7-21, 2022 – Dr. Costas Vassiliadis and Dr. Vic Matta
- Pecs, Hungary: July 4-26, 2022 - Jeffrey Anderson and Dr. Bill Young
- Ancona, Italy: June 27-July 10, 2022 – Dr. Andrew Pueschel and Shawnee Meek
- Tokyo, Japan: May 7-28, 2022 – Dr. Christopher Thompson and Dr. Hao Lou
- Ghent, Belgium
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Dijon, France
- Bayreuth, Germany
- Athens, Greece
- Thessaloniki, Greece
- Pecs, Hungary
- Ancona, Italy
- Tokyo, Japan