College of Business Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
College of Business Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
The College of Business at Ohio University commits to supporting and embracing the diverse experiences, backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives of the students, faculty, staff, community, and all constituents that define our college. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all to belong by engaging in responsive, continuous improvement. We affirm that our commitment to these efforts elevates the individual and strengthens the collective body.
Guided by the College of Business's Strategic Plan, and the university's Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan, COB prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion across the college and ensures integration into the experiences of prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, and alumni. These priorities include:
- Increasing and supporting the diversity of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences that make up the college community.
- Providing ongoing education and professional development opportunities for the college community to strengthen their understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Regularly assess, evaluate, and improve how DEI is incorporated into the curricular and co-curricular student experience within COB.
- Engage diverse college alumni through mentoring, advisory, networking, and philanthropic opportunities.
Required Student Experiences
Our curriculum requires that students learn about different perspectives, history, and how they can individually impact DEI on-campus today and in the business world tomorrow.
- 6 specific diversity, equity, and inclusion workshops for students
- 25%+ student body identifies as ethnically diverse and/or first-generation
The College of Business and Athens are home to a broad spectrum of students and faculty. In everything we do, our North Star is always focused on embedding inclusive practices, policies, curricula, and programs to promote a supportive and affirming environment that welcomes and respects all persons.
Get in Touch
Thanks for your interest in our efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please complete the following form to receive additional information.