College of Business Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
College of Business Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
The College of Business at Ohio University commits to supporting and embracing the diverse experiences, backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives of the students, faculty, staff, community, and all constituents that define our college. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all to belong by engaging in responsive, continuous improvement. We affirm that our commitment to these efforts elevates the individual and strengthens the collective body.
Guided by the College of Business's Strategic Plan, and the university's Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan, COB prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion across the college and ensures integration into the experiences of prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, and alumni. These priorities include:
- Increasing and supporting the diversity of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences that make up the college community.
- Providing ongoing education and professional development opportunities for the college community to strengthen their understanding of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Regularly assess, evaluate, and improve how DEI is incorporated into the curricular and co-curricular student experience within COB.
- Engage diverse college alumni through mentoring, advisory, networking, and philanthropic opportunities.
Required Student Experiences
Our curriculum requires that students learn about different perspectives, history, and how they can individually impact DEI on-campus today and in the business world tomorrow.
- 6 specific diversity, equity, and inclusion workshops for students
- 25%+ student body identifies as ethnically diverse and/or first-generation
The College of Business and Athens are home to a broad spectrum of students and faculty. In everything we do, our North Star is always focused on embedding inclusive practices, policies, curricula, and programs to promote a supportive and affirming environment that welcomes and respects all persons.
Women's CenterThe Ohio Women in Business (OWIB) student organization brings in women alumni as speakers and hosts social events. At the institutional level, Ohio University's Women's Center provides resources to women across campus.
Office of Multicultural Success and RetentionOhio University's Office for Multicultural Student Access and Retention and the Multicultural Center also host events throughout the year to build a social, academic, and professional support network for students across the campus.
First-Generation StudentsFor first-generation students, you face unique challenges that we are ready to help you overcome. From a network of first-generation faculty to individualized advising and career coaching, we ensure your success from Athens bricks to wherever life takes you.
LGBT CenterThe College of Business has close ties to Ohio University's LGBT Center to ensure all of our Bobcats feel welcomed. With inclusive policies on preferred pronouns and a process to ensure gender-inclusive housing, the University strives to be a caring environment for all of our rainbow Business Bobcats.
Get in Touch
Thanks for your interest in our efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please complete the following form to receive additional information.