"OICP [OHIO International Consulting Program] was the most challenging, yet the most useful, academic experience I have ever had. The program gives you interaction with a live client and requires you to apply what you have learned in the classroom to a real-world situation. You will have the chance to network with faculty and members of the company you are working with. OICP requires you to invest yourself and time into the project, which, with the guidance of the faculty, will result in a professional deliverable. It is a challenge, but in the process, you will learn a lot about the cultures of teammates, and more importantly, you will learn a lot about what you can offer to an employer in the future."
OHIO International Consulting Program
The OHIO International Consulting Program (OICP) provides students with significant hands-on experience that enables them to integrate theoretical and practical training while analyzing and solving significant business challenges or opportunities.
In this program, teams of students participate in a consulting project with our partner, ServiceNow. Students work in culturally diverse consulting teams that include a mix of U.S. and non-U.S. students who work collaboratively to provide rigorous, practical recommendations to their assigned client organization. The interactions that occur as part of this project-based program provide students with in-depth experiences similar to those in multinational corporations. This program builds international and cross-cultural management skills that enhance personal and career performance.
To enhance project quality and student learning, each consulting team is coached by an experienced faculty member from OHIO’s College of Business and an executive from ServiceNow. The deliverable for our partner, ServiceNow, is an action-oriented report on the assigned client organization that includes relevant analysis and practical recommendations, similar to what a paid consultant might provide.
The OICP experience is open to any student at Ohio University, regardless of college.
Costs and Credits
- Ohio University students participating in the OICP register for 6 units of academic credit (BA 3500 Ohio International Consulting Program) for the semester in which they participate in the OICP.
- All participants must apply for admission to the program and, if accepted for participation, must pay a non-refundable $500 deposit that will be credited toward the OICP program fee.
- Students participating in the OICP may qualify for financial aid and scholarships to cover some or all of the program expenses.
Satisfactory completion of the OICP satisfies the College of Business internship requirement, except for the Bachelor of Sport Management, which requires a sports-related internship (the OICP may count towards this requirement if the OICP project is sports-related. BSM students should contact their academic advisor for more information).
Participation in the OICP can also satisfy one of the two international immersions required of International Business majors, and the international immersion experience as well as part of the coursework for the International Business Certificate.
OICP is offered fall, spring, and summer.
Benefits for Students
- Gain hands-on experience solving a real business problem or opportunity
- Gain experience with projects similar to those found when working in multinational corporations
- Develop international cross-cultural management skills
- Receive coaching by an experienced faculty member from OHIO’s College of Business and an experienced executive consultant from ServiceNow
- Develop project management, team, and interpersonal skills in a challenging environment while creating meaningful and high-quality deliverables
- Earn 6 hours of course credit
- Satisfy College of Business internship
- Satisfy University cultural perspectives and experiential learning requirements
- Showcase your skills for an organization that hires top talent
- As part of the “RiseUp with ServiceNow” program, students participating in the OICP take formal “Now Learning” training and will achieve at least one Micro-Certification badge
Benefits for our Partner
- Our partner, ServiceNow, receives an action-oriented report on the assigned client organization that includes relevant analysis and practical recommendations, similar to what a paid consultant might provide
- As students work alongside industry executives, ServiceNow receives access to top talent within Ohio University
The OHIO International Consulting Program (OICP) is partnering exclusively with ServiceNow, a cloud-based platform and solutions company that helps organizations unify their Digital Transformation efforts. The ServiceNow platform enables smarter, faster, better ways to make work flow in enterprise operations.
Trusted by ~7,400 enterprise customers, ServiceNow serves approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, is one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® and is on the Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies® list.
This partnership presents students participating in the OICP with an extraordinary opportunity to earn internship credit while working with ServiceNow leadership to solve real business challenges and to create real business opportunities.