OHIO International Consulting Program
The OHIO International Consulting Program (OICP) provides students with significant hands-on experience that enables them to integrate theoretical and practical training in the process of analyzing and solving a significant business problem.
In this program, teams of students participate in a consulting project with our partner, Sogeti. The project provides a significant hands-on experience that enables students to integrate theoretical and practical training in the process of analyzing and solving a substantive business problem.
Students will work in culturally diverse consulting teams that will include a mix of U.S. and non-U.S. students who work collaboratively to provide rigorous, practical recommendations to the client organization. The interactions that occur as part of this project-based programs provide students with in-depth experience similar to that found when working in multinational corporations, facilitating the development of international and cross-cultural management skills that enhance personal and career performance.
To enhance project quality and student learning, each consulting team is coached by an experienced faculty member from OHIO’s College of Business. The participating client organizations receive an action-oriented report that includes relevant analysis and practical recommendations, similar to what a paid consultant might provide.
Costs and Credits
- Ohio University students participating in the OICP register for 6 units of academic credit (BA 3500 Ohio International Consulting Program) for the semester in which they participate in the OICP.
- All participants must apply for admission to the program and, if accepted for participation, they must pay a non-refundable $500 deposit that will be credited toward the OICP program fee.
- Students participating in the OICP may qualify for financial aid and scholarships to cover some or all of the program expenses.
Satisfactory completion of the OICP satisfies the internship requirement that College of Business students are required to complete, with the exception of the Bachelor of Sport Management, which requires a sports-related internship (the OICP may count towards this requirement if the OICP project is sports-related. BSM students should contact Annie Valeant for more information).
Participation in the OICP can also satisfy one of the two required international immersions required of International Business majors, and it satisfies the international immersion experience as well part of the coursework for the International Business Certificate.
OICP is offered spring semester and summer session.
Benefits for Students
- Hands-on experience solving a real business problem
- Experience with projects similar to those found when working in multinational corporations
- Opportunities to develop international cross-cultural management skills
- Development of project management, team and interpersonal skills in a challenging environment while creating meaningful and high-quality deliverables
- Earn 6 hours of course credit
- Satisfy College of Business internship and global perspective requirements
- Opportunity to showcase your skills for an organization that has hired approximately 20 program alumni
Benefits for Clients
- Participating client organizations receive an action-oriented report that includes relevant analysis and practical recommendations, similar to what a paid consultant might provide
- Each consulting team is coached by an experienced faculty member from OHIO’s College of Business
The OICP is currently partnering exclusively with Sogeti, a multinational information technology consulting firm. Sogeti works with companies such as HP, IBM, Microsoft and Oracle to provide professional technology services and software testing with more than 20,000 experts in 15 countries. This partnership presents OHIO students with an extraordinary chance to earn internship credit working with Sogeti leadership solving real business problems for Sogeti clients like Proctor and Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Abercrombie and Fitch, and L Brands.