Costs & Fees
There are scholarships and financial aid available to help fund your study-abroad experience.
Fees on Your Student Bill
Participating students are required to pay the program fee for their GCP location and standard Ohio University Athens Campus tuition and fees for 9 credit hours.
- 2-week Winter Break program (Brazil) is $3,000 plus 9 total credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (3 credits in Fall Semester, 6 credits in Spring Semester).
- 2-week Summer Semester programs are $3,000 plus 9 total credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (3 credits in Spring Semester and 6 credits in Summer Semester).
- 1-week Spring Break program (Costa Rica) is $2,000 plus 6 total credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (6 credits in Spring Semester).
Billing and due dates are listed on the Ohio University academic calendar.
By taking additional classes in Summer Semester (during Summer Session II if your GCP takes place in Session I, or vice versa), you can get the maximum value out of your tuition payment and earn a full load of courses during the summer.
Note: The tuition charged for the GCP does not constitute “full-time.” Students who take additional hours will be charged additional tuition according to the fee schedule outlined by the Office of the Bursar.
In addition to fees billed by Ohio University, students are responsible for the following costs:
- Airfare to the program location
- Most meals
- Personal travel beyond the program
Some meals may be provided – e.g., breakfast at hotels, lunches in student cafeterias, opening and closing banquets, etc. In locations where providing breakfast and/or lunch is not logistically feasible, those locations will arrange supplemental meals and/or activities using the funds budgeted for those meals.