Schedule an Appointment
Business Academic Advising & Career Services (BAACS) is here to support Ohio University business students with their career management and academic advising questions. Whether you're preparing for an interview, perfecting your resume or registering for classes, we've got you covered.
Let's talk more about how we can help. Log in to Handshake to schedule an appointment with your career coach or academic advisor.
How to schedule an appointment with Handshake
Visit ohio.joinhandshake.com and use your OHIO ID and password to login
Click the "Career Center" drop-down & select "Appointments"
Select "Schedule a New Appointment"
Choose “College of Business Career Coaching” or "Academic Advising"
Choose the topic you want to discuss
Select a day/time that works with your schedule and a staff member
Complete the information* and select "Request"*Include as much information as possible so we can best prepare for your appointment.
Career Coaching Appointment Types
Our career coaches can help you get ready for your next steps. Choose from one of the following topics when you book your advising appointment in Handshake.
- Cover letters
- Job and internship search
- Networking and LinkedIn
- Exploring careers and majors
- Internship check-in
- BA 2000 — Designed for students who are completing their BA 2000 Instructor check-in or have questions regarding this course or the assignments for the course. (If you are having your resume reviewed as part of the class assignment, please select "Resume" for your appointment.)
- Graduate Student Career Coaching — Any graduate students in the College of Business needs to select this option. In the next screen, you will want to add in the message what you wish to speak with your career coach about.
Academic Advising Appointment Types
Our academic advisors can help you navigate your College of Business experience. When you schedule an appointment with us, you can select one of the following topics:
- Ohio Graduation Plan
- Scheduling Questions
- Discuss Majors, Minors, and Certificate Programs
- Academic Performance
- Transferring into the College of Business
- Transfer Credit or Course Substitution
- Cultural Perspectives and International Experiences
- International Student Academic Advising
- I am not happy at Ohio University
- Graduation Audit
Our office is located in Copeland Hall, Suite 214, and is open from 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments 9:00 a.m. –12:30 p.m., Walk-in’s 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
If you are unsure or have a question, please call Business Academic Advising & Career Services at 740-593-2042.