WellWorks Policies and Forms
WellWorks Members, Visitors and Clients will be asked to read and sign consent forms and understand our policies. Any individual who participates in our programs is expected to have read, understood, and agree to the relevant policies and forms provided here.
Table of Contents:
- Payment Policies
- Massage Therapy Client Policies
- Fitness Center Facility Policies
- Group Fitness Policies
- Membership Forms
The below policies apply to all WellWorks offerings and services, including but not limited to: Nutrition Counseling, Specialist Workshops/Classes, Massage Therapy, Memberships, Personal Training, Wellness Coaching.
- Payment is due at the time of service.
- Payment by credit card - we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
- We do not accept check or cash payments.
- Tipping/Gifts: Our Massage Therapists, Registered Dietitian, Personal Trainers, and Wellness Coaches are state employees and, therefore, cannot accept tips. Please refrain from offering tips, monetary or otherwise, in exchange for services.
- Personal Trainers are not permitted to accept tips or gifts from clients in exchange for their services as a personal trainer.
- We are not a medical facility and cannot bill insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account expenditures: At this time, Ohio University is not established with an Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS) and, therefore, WellWorks cannot accept debit cards from Flexible Spending Accounts such as Wageworks. We can, however, provide you with an itemized receipt for reimbursement submission to your Flexible Spending Account. While some of our services do qualify for reimbursement with some FSA programs, restrictions (such as a letter from your physician) may apply. WellWorks is not responsible for verifying expense eligibility prior to payment.
- We do not sell “gift certificates,” but we can place a monetary amount on an account; the money will be transferred at the time of their service.
- If the amount does not cover the full cost, they must self-pay the difference. If the amount is more than the service, they will have that as credit to use for a future service; they will not receive cash back.
- If the recipient is not in our system, we will create an account at no cost and place the monetary amount on the new account
- A WellWorks membership is not required for purchasing our massage therapy, nutrition counseling, or wellness coaching services.
- An active membership is required for participation in our personal training services.
- Late Policy: Clients who are late to an appointment will receive the remaining time of the scheduled appointment and be charged the full price.
- Sessions are good for one year from the time of purchase.
- Sessions are not transferable.
- Sessions are not refundable if we still offer the service.
Massage Therapy Client Policies:
- Clients must be at least 18 years of age at the time of service.
- Those age 13-17 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian during the service.
- Our Massage Therapists follow the industry standard of providing 50 minutes of service to each hour. This is to accommodate client preparation and departure at the beginning and end of the hour-long appointment. This translates to 25 minutes of service for a 30-minute appointment and 80 minutes of service for a 90-minute appointment.
Fitness Center Facility Policies:
- Equipment is used on a first come, first served basis. You may not reserve a piece of equipment for a specific time period.
- Our peak time is 4:30-7:30p.m. Monday-Friday. During this time, there is a 20 minute time limit if someone is waiting for the equipment you are on. However, if no one is waiting, you are welcome to extend your workout.
- Please respect the rights of others. Harassment of any type is prohibited. Confirmation oof harassment of members, students, staff, and other individuals can result in termination of current and future membership.
- In-line skates, skateboards, hoverboards, and bicycles are prohibited in all campus buildings, including Grover Center.
- Food is prohibited in exercise areas. Water bottles with pill proof caps are allowed.
- Please wear clothing appropriate for exercise. For your safety, close toed shoes are required.
- Exercise equipment should be used according to its intended purpose and design. Please observe signs posted on these machines.
- If a piece of equipment does not work properly, please stop using it and notify a staff member immediately.
- For your protection, any accident or incident must be reported immediately to a WellWorks staff member.
- Please wipe off padded areas and handles of each machine after you finish using it. Spray bottles and towels are available throughout the fitness center for your convenience.
- Cell phone use in the fitness center is limited to non-conversational purposes only. No cell phone use in the locker rooms.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the fitness center or group fitness classes.
- Please respect others by cleaning up after yourself in the locker room.
- Rental lockers are identified with expiration date tags. Non-rental lockers are for your use while you are in our facility; please remove all items when you leave for the day. Locks found on all non-rental lockers at closing will be cut and contents removed.
- Personal items cannot be left at the from desk. Use a locker, place them in a cubby in the Fitness Center, or lock them in your car.
- WellWorks is not responsible for lost, stole, left behind, or damaged personal property.
- Our Lost and Found is located at the front desk. Please check with staff if you think you have lost something while visiting us. Valuable items will be turned over to OUPD. Unclaimed items will be donated at the end of each semester.
Group Fitness Policies:
- You must be a current member to attend classes. Day Pass Memberships are available for purchase at the front desk and must be purchased BEFORE the class begins.
- Members must sign in on the ipad (or have the instructor sign them in) for each in-person class they attend.
- Members must sign-in by clicking on the class link for all virtual classes.
- You may only sign in for yourself.
- Class size may be limited and is on a first come, first serve basis. No reserving a space for another person.
- Please be sure to wear appropriate footwear. (No open-toed shoes.)
- Please bring a water bottle and a towel.
- Please arrive a few minutes early. Many classes fill up 5-10 minutes before their starting times. (SPINNING/CYCLING: Please arrive 10 minutes early to correctly adjust your bike.)
- For your safety, you may not participate if you arrive more than 5 minutes after the class has begun. (You missed the warm up!)
- If you have an injury or other significant medical condition, please inform the instructor before class.
- Children are not permitted in class.
- Check Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for class changes/cancellation notices.
The following PDFs outline the forms that a new member may be required to sign upon purchase of a membership with WellWorks. All documents below are for reference, only. If purchasing your membership online, you will be able to submit your response electronically. If purchasing in person at our front desk, our Wellness Specialists will provide you with the proper forms and signature opportunities.