Virtual Nutrition Counseling appointments are now available!
Meet our Nutrition Program Coordinator, Louise Cruz.
To schedule a Nutrition Counseling appointment:
- Create a free account on our Member Portal.
- Purchase counseling appointments by clicking the "Nutrition Counseling" tab.
- Once your appointments have been purchased, you'll be emailed instructions for how to schedule an appointment.
While on the WellWorks Portal, we encourage you to check out our nutrition tips and recipes. Peruse our library of offerings available to WellWorks Virtual Members. Find something you like? Virtual Members can access much of our library at no additional fees!
Nutrition Counseling Services
Our dietitian offers nutrition counseling services to anyone, regardless of your wellness goals. Whether you're focused on management of chronic disease, recovery from disordered eating, navigating food allergies and sensitivities, sports nutrition, or weight management, Louise Cruz RDN, LD will guide you to make healthy food choices that fit in to your traditions, culture and lifestyle.
Initial session: Your initial session will take approximately 60 minutes and will be personalized specifically for you. It will include:
- a health history,
- a food recall to understand your unique relationship with food and eating habits,
- education on keeping a food journal,
- making of at least one SMART goal,
- and handouts, as appropriate.
Follow-Up Sessions: Follow-up sessions are approximately 30 minutes. They will include:
- assessment of dietary intake
- Review of health changes, ie. blood glucose, cholesterol, weight (if appropriate) ,
- monitoring and accountability of previous goals,
- revising or making additional SMART goals,
- educational information and handouts as appropriate.
All sessions will be tailored to fit your personal needs and goals.
Nutrition Counseling Pricing:
- 1-hour initial session: $50 ($30 for OHIO students with valid PID*)
- 30-minute follow-up sessions: $25 ($15 for OHIO students with valid PID*)
*Students must provide their PID# when purchasing their session. Each PID# will be verified and if eligibility cannot be verified, the client's funds will be reimbursed and the client will be asked to purchase a non-student session, instead.
For more details, please see our Nutrition Counseling Policies.
Nutrition Counseling Policies:
Please review our Nutrition Counseling Policies to ensure you receive the best possible client experience with Nutrition Counseling services at WellWorks.
In addition to our client policies available at the above link, please note the following:
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Do you have a diagnosed condition such as diabetes or celiac disease that nutrition counseling may help you better manage? Do you have a WageWorks flexible spending account? If so, ask your doctor if they would fill out a Letter of Medical Necessity so you can receive nutrition counseling using your flexible spending account funds. Please bring the completed form with you to your nutrition counseling appointment.
- At this time, Ohio University is not established with an Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS) and, therefore, WellWorks cannot accept debit cards from Flexible Spending Accounts such as WageWorks.
- We can, however, provide you with an itemized receipt for reimbursement submission to your Flexible Spending Account. While some of our services do qualify for reimbursement with some FSA programs, restrictions (such as the aforementioned letter from your physician) may apply.
Interested in special nutrition-focused programs, seasonal workshops, and cooking classes? Stay in touch with us through facebook, twitter and Instagram for announcements about upcoming events. We will be adding new and exciting events, so check back frequently.
- Interested in scheduling a nutrition-related presentation for a staff meeting or a guest lecture for an academic class/program? We can do that!
Please reach out to our dietitian at 740-593-0250 or email@example.com to discuss topics that would meet your need. Popular topics include:
- Mindful and Intuitive Eating
- Eating During a Pandemic
- Nutrition Tips for Heart Health
- Savvy Snacking and Sipping
- Food Swaps to Boost Your Health
- Introduction to Plant Based Eating
- Smart Steps for Food Safety