Faculty and Staff Parking Permits
Transportation & Parking Services values our campus faculty and staff members. We recognize that campus access requires flexibility and have several permit options that are available to meet parking needs. Ohio University boasts a pedestrian friendly campus offering transportation solutions connecting users to campus, local and regional travel destinations.
The FY24 Annual faculty/staff parking permit renewal and opt-out period begins on Monday, June 12, 2023 at 8AM through Friday, June 30, 2023 at 3PM. Faculty and staff should log into the Parking Portal to either renew their annual parking permit or opt-out of the annual parking permit. Individuals who did not renew the annual permit by June 30, 2023 at 3PM will be automatically opted out of FY24 payroll deductions and will not be eligible for FY24 payroll deductions.
What campus parking options are available to me?
|I plan to park on campus..||Parking option to consider||Payment Method||Cost|
|More than four (4) days per month||Annual Permit (best price per session)||Payroll Deductions (automatic payment)||$150, pre-tax|
|During certain months of the semester||Monthly Permit||Cash/Check/Credit||$15|
|One day a week or less||Daily Permit||Cash/Check/Credit||$3.50|
|For a few hours||Hourly Parking||Cash/Credit, Parkmobile||$1/hour|
Annual Faculty/Staff Parking Permits
Annual permits are available to full-time and part-time benefits eligible employees via a pre-tax payroll deduction. Available permit options and associated costs are outlined below, permits are issued per fiscal year and fees are deducted based on monthly payroll cycles. Non benefits eligible and retired employees may purchase monthly or daily parking based on contract and usage needs. For parking locations please reference the campus parking map located in quick links on the right sidebar. Benefits eligible employees are only able to opt in or out of parking deductions during the designated renewal period. New full-time and part-time benefits eligible employees that are hired outside of the annual renewal period will be provided information on how to obtain a parking permit during Orientation. Faculty and Staff will receive e-mail instruction directly from firstname.lastname@example.org the Friday before their scheduled orientation date. Ohio University is not responsible for lost or stolen items or damages to vehicles or property caused by third parties.
- Standard Dark Green/Purple Permit - $150/Fiscal Year- This permit allows access to any regular non-metered, non-restricted spaces within dark green (F/S) or purple (commuter) parking lots on campus. All dark green and purple lots require a parking permit Monday-Friday 7AM-5PM. Permits are valid in campus priority lots after 5PM and on weekends.
- Priority Parking Permit - $300/Fiscal Year- Faculty/staff may choose to request parking which provides access to designated parking facilities located uptown in addition to dark green & purple lots on campus. Priority permits are available in limited quantities based on lot location and are issued from a waitlist, please log into your Parking Portal to add yourself to the waitlist(s) of your choice. Priority lots require a permit at all times. Priority permit locations include:
- Light Green Lots (Lasher/Central Classroom): Lots 18, 19 & 20
- Gray Lots (Seigfred/Hudson): Lots 36, 38 & 39
- Yellow Lot (Gordy): Lot 2
- Orange Lots (Scott Quad): Lots 4 & 6
- Reserved Parking Permit - $800/Fiscal Year- Two campus parking facilities provide guaranteed parking via a reserved/dedicated space. Reserved permits are available in limited quantities based on lot location and are issued from a waitlist, please log into your Parking Portal to add yourself to the waitlist(s) of your choice. Reserved spaces require a permit at all times. Dark Green and purple access can be added for an additional fee. Reserved permit locations include:
- Baker University Center Garage (Central Campus)
- Jefferson Garage (East Green)
For a quick how-to video on how to purchase an annual permit, click here!
Monthly Parking Permits
Monthly permits are available and can be purchased in one-month increments. Permits allow access to regular non-metered, non-restricted spaces within campus dark green and purple parking lots only. Monthly permits are not available in priority or reserved parking areas. Monthly parking permits cost $15 per month and are paid for at the time of purchase. Monthly permits are not eligible for payroll deductions.
How do I buy a Monthly Permit?
- Contactless Permit Option: Online monthly permit options are available in the Parking Portal and can be purchased one month at a time. You will be required to print a copy of your permit in advance of your parking session.
- Physical Permit Option: Monthly permits can be purchased at the TPS office. Office hours are 7:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday.
For a quick how-to video on how to purchase a monthly permit online, click here!
Daily Parking Permits
Daily parking permits can be purchased one day at a time and allow access to regular non-metered, non-restricted spaces within campus dark green and purple parking lots. Daily permits are not available in priority or reserved parking areas. Daily parking permits cost $3.50 per day and are paid for at the time of purchase. Daily permits are not eligible for payroll deduction.
For a quick how-to video on how to purchase a daily permit online, click here!
How do I buy a temporary daily permit?
- Contactless Permit Option: Online daily permit options are available in the Parking Portal and can be purchased one day at a time. You will be required to print a copy of your permit in advance of your parking session.
- Traditional Permit Option: Daily permits can be purchased at the TPS office. Office hours are 7:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday.
Hourly Parking Options:
Campus provides a variety of hourly, pay-by-space and metered parking options to accommodate those without a campus parking permit. All hourly fees are $1/hour and can be paid via metered devices, campus parking pay stations or Parkmobile and electronic parking payment application. For parking locations please reference the campus parking map located in the right sidebar. Please note hourly spaces are also available to students and campus guests and availability may vary based on demand.
- Contactless option: The Parkmobile App allows users to conveniently pay for parking using their smartphone at any hourly parking space on campus as well as Parkmobile Lots 200 & 201 at the Ridges.
- Pay stations or pay-by-plate: Located in Ping Center Lot 87, Walter Hall Lot 134, Baker Center Lot 122/Baker Garage and Jefferson Garage.
- Meters: Located in a variety of locations throughout campus, refer to the campus parking map for metered parking locations.
For individuals using a flexible workspace hub on campus hourly parking spaces are available in the following areas for use:
- Convocation Center
- Peden Stadium
- Porter Hall
- Ridges Lots 200/201 (These parking lots are Parkmobile capable and hourly parking is paid for via the Parkmobile application).
OHIO supports sustainability through promoting the use of safe, reliable and affordable multi-modal transportation options on campus. A variety of transit services are available to assist individuals with navigating to and across campus.
|Navigation Option||Type of Service||Fees|
|Daily Campus Shuttles (CATS)||Dedicated fixed loop system on campus||No Fee|
|Accessible Transit (CAT CAB)||Door-to-door transit for those with limited mobility||No Fee, must be a registered user|
|Evening & Weekend Shuttles (CATS Late Night)||Evening & weekend transit on campus||No Fee, must be current F/S or student|
|Athens Public Transit- Bobcat Pass||Dedicated fixed loop system within the Athens Community||No Fee, must provide current F/S or student ID card|
|Shared Mobility Devices- Electric Scooters||Electric powered scooters available within the Athens Community||Cost is $1/ride and $.35/minute|
|Bikeways and Pedestrian Pathways||Various infrastructure to support walking and biking throughout campus||No Fee|
Reach out to our Customer Care team with questions about campus parking permit options.
Location & Mailing Address:
Ohio University Transportation & Parking Services
100 Factory Street
Athens, OH 45701
Monday- Friday, 7:30AM- 4:30PM
Commonly Asked Questions and Helpful Hints:
How do payroll deductions work?