Sustainability Hub Seminar Series
Sustainability Hub Seminar Series
The Office of Sustainability and the Sustainability Hubs are pleased to present 3 Sustainability Hub seminars each semester.
These seminars occur in September, October and November during the fall semester, and February, March and April during the spring semester.
Each seminar focuses on a sustainability initiative in one of Ohio University's 12 sustainability themes: transportation, food, water, waste, procurement, investments, grounds, energy, buildings, student life, human resources and climate.
Fall 2021 Seminar Dates and Topics
Information about the fall 2021 Sustainability Hub Seminar Series will be posted in the Calendar of University Events and on this webpage once available.
- February 27, 2020 (Thursday), 4pm. Baker University Center Front Room: Dr. Ryan Fogt & Panelists including Cat Russell (Human Resources) and Jan Huebenthal (Diversity & Inclusion). Topic: Creating a Sustainable Workplace: Fostering Belonging at OHIO
- March 26, 2020 (Thursday), 5pm. Baker University Center Front Room: Dr. David Bayless & Steve Wood, Ohio University Chief Facilities Officer. Topic: Sustainable Energy at Ohio University. CANCELLED due to COVID-19
- April 22, 2020 (Wednesday; 50th anniversary of Earth Day). VIRTUAL HUB SEMINAR: Dr. Theresa Moran & Susan Calhoun, Landscape Coordinator. Topic: Ohio University Tree Program
- September 14 (Monday), 5pm. Speaker: Dr. David Bayless, Sustainable Infrastructure Hub Coordinator and Loehr Professor of Mechanical Engineering, and special guest Alex Burke, Energy Procurement & Environmental Sustainability Advisor at Cardinal Health and alumnus of the OHIO Environmental Studies MA program. Topic: Implementing Sustainable Energy Projects – From Ideation to Carbon Free Power.
- October 12 (Monday), 5pm. Speaker: Dr. Kim Thompson, Sustainable Living Hub Coordinator and Associate Professor of Environmental & Plant Biology. Topic: OHIO's newest Green Roof on Schoonover Center
- November 9 (Monday), 5pm. Speaker: Dr. Ryan Fogt, Sustainable Administration Hub Coordinator and Rusty Thomas, Purchasing Manager. Topic: Sustainable Purchasing practices at Ohio University
- February 19, 2019: Summary of Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Special Report and Introduction to the Climate & Sustainability Ambassadors program, presented by Dr. Ryan Fogt, Sustainable Administration Hub Coordinator
- March 19, 2019: Introduction to the Sustainable Project Laboratory and the Sustainable Infrastructure Hub, presented by Dr. David Bayless, Sustainable Infrastructure Hub Coordinator
- April 16, 2019: The OHIO Student Farm and the Farm to OHIO initiative, presented by Dr. Theresa Moran, Sustainable Living Hub Coordinator ***this seminar will include a trip to the OHIO Student Farm after a brief introduction in the Front Room.
- September 4 (Wednesday), 5pm. Baker University Center Front Room: "Sustainability: A challenge of and solution to global climate change" presented by Dr. Ryan Fogt.
- October 3 (Thursday), 5pm. Baker University Center Front Room: The OHIO Student Farm, presented by Dr. Theresa Moran and a student panel.
- November 6 (Wednesday), 5pm. Baker University Center Front Room: Sustainable Project Laboratory and other academic initiatives related to sustainability, presented by Dr. David Bayless