Sustainability and Climate Action Plans and Reports
Ohio University is a signatory to the Second Nature Carbon Commitment, and as such is required to submit a carbon inventory each year. Ohio University submits a sustainability-related report to the Sustainability Committee, usually in March, and to the President and the Board of Trustees, usually in August, each year. These reports typically cover progress toward carbon neutrality; advancement of goals in the Ohio University Sustainability & Climate Action Plan; the AASHE STARS submissions; and other Ohio University sustainability recognitions.
2013: Sustainability Report
2015: 2015 STARS Report- Silver rating
2016: Climate Action Plan report
2017: Sustainability Plan report
2018: 2018 STARS Report - Silver rating
2019: restructuring and revision of the Sustainability and Climate Action Plans.
Princeton Review Green Colleges Reports
Ohio University has been recognized as a "Green College" every year since 2012, but links are only available through Princeton Review for the current year. Currently, Ohio University submits information to Princeton Review Green Colleges through the AASHE STARS reporting tool.
- 2012 Compass article about Green Colleges listing
- 2013 Compass article about Green Colleges listing
- 2014 Compass article about Green Colleges listing
- 2016 Princeton Review Green Colleges pdf - Ohio University score: 94/99
- 2017 Princeton Review Green Colleges - Ohio University score: 92/99
- 2018 Princeton Review Green Colleges - Ohio University score: 98/99
- 2019 Princeton Review Green Colleges screen shot - Ohio University score: 95/99
- 2020 Princeton Review Green Colleges screen shot - Ohio University score: 95/99
Sierra Club Cool Schools Reports - historical
The Sierra Club no longer publishes their "Cool Schools" ranking. Past rankings:
- 132nd in the 2010 Cool Schools Full Ranking.
- 131st in the 2013 Cool Schools Full Ranking.
- 94th in the 2015 Cool Schools Full Ranking.
- 145th in the 2016 Cool Schools Full Ranking.
- 130th in the 2017 Cool Schools Full Ranking
- 117th in the 2018 Cool Schools Full Ranking
- 121st in the 2019 Cool Schools Full Ranking
- 142nd in the 2020 Cool Schools Full Ranking
US EPA Green Power Partnership Reports
Ohio University has been on the Top 30 College & University Green Power Partnership list since 2016, but only the current quarterly list is posted on the US EPA Green Power Partnership website. Ohio University typically ranks about 20th in the nation.
Former versions of plans:
Sustainability Plan, Version One (Summer 2011)
Climate Action Plan (2012)