Student Advisory Board
As primary stakeholders in the services, resources, and spaces of the Ohio University Libraries, the Student Advisory Board (SAB) provides students direct access to the administrative leadership of the Libraries and exists to facilitate two-way communication between students and library staff. The Board advises the Dean of University Libraries on important and impactful issues related to the Libraries’ spaces, services, resources, programming, and collections on all campuses. The Board is a key stakeholder in advancing the Libraries’ Strategic Plan and its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Benefits of serving on SAB
• Have an impact on the Libraries’ services, programs, policies, events, resources, collections, and spaces.
• Develop important relationship and networking skills.
• Gain valuable career readiness skills such as communication, leadership, professionalism, and teamwork.
• Learn first-hand about a wide variety of opportunities and resources available from the Libraries.
• Help fellow students by representing students’ ideas and concerns.
Membership on SAB is composed of the executive leadership of the University Libraries, representatives from library staff, and approximately a dozen undergraduate and graduate students representing a variety of student perspectives and needs.
Terms of service may vary for student representatives, but it is generally desirable for students to serve for at least 2 years.
SAB meetings typically occur twice each fall and spring semesters.
If you are interested in becoming a member, attending a Student Advisory Board meeting, or suggesting an issue for a SAB agenda, please contact Dr. Kelly Broughton.
The Board launched Spring semester of 2021 and has informed several initiatives of the Libraries, including work around OHIO Study Spaces.
Academic year 2022-23 members: COMING SOON
Academic year 2021-2022 student members of the SAB were:
• Maribel Antunez-Uriostegui
• Mo Bailey
• Remington Burwell
• April Dale
• Makalia Jones
• Kelley Lach
• Gabi Lindsey
• Faustina Mensah
• Anna-Kaye Rowe
• Natasha Simons, chair
• Corrin Smith
• Cassandra Thompson