Meal Periods & Prorations
Our team is committed to serving students throughout the year by coordinating the schedules of our various venues to best serve our students. During holidays, University closures and opening periods, our Dining Court schedules are adjusted based on past records and anticipated demand as determined by the Culinary Services team.
Culinary Services offers more than just breakfast, lunch and dinner. We understand that student schedules are busier than ever, so we provide 34 opportunities each week for students to spend their meals. Students may spend one meal during each of the meal periods listed below except for those on Flex or Block Meal Plans. There are a total of 5 meal periods each day, Monday through Saturday, and 4 meal periods on Sunday.
- PERIOD 1: Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. and Saturday: 8:30 a.m - 10:00 a.m.
- PERIOD 2: Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- PERIOD 3: Late Lunch: Monday - Friday 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- PERIOD 4: Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- PERIOD 5: Late Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 7:00 p.m. - 11:15 p.m.
Each dining facility has its own operational hours and may not be open for the duration of each meal period. Please visit our Hours of Operation page for meal times.
Peak dining times are 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. for lunch and 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. for dinner.
Meal Plan Prorations: 2020-21 Academic Year
Culinary Services adjusts the costs of residential Meal Plans in anticipation of students' departures during holidays and closure periods when students leave campus and residence halls are closed. Meal Plans will be prorated during any week that is less than 7 days. The number of meals that a student is given will be reduced according to the number days in a shortened meal plan week. Proration reminders are provided via email to all Meal Plan holders.
Fall Semester Begins
The first day of the meal plan for fall semester 2020 will be lunch on August 20. Meal plans pro-rated as follows for week of Aug. 16-22:
- Flex 20 and Standard 20: 8 meals
- Flex 14 and Standard 14: 5 meals (2.67 days x 2 meals/day)
- Standard 10: 4 meals (2.67 x 1.43 meals/day)
Fall Semester Ends
The last meal for fall semester 2020 will be lunch on Saturday, November 21.
Spring Semester Begins
The first day of the meal plan for spring semester 2020 will be brunch on Sunday, January 17. No pro-ration needed.
Spring Semester Ends
The last meal of spring semester will be dinner on Friday, April 30. Meal plan pro-rated as follows week of Apr. 25 – May 1:
- Flex 20 and Standard 20: 17 meals
- Flex 14 and Standard 14: 12 meals (6 days x 2 meals/day
- Standard 10: 9 meals (6 x 1.43 meals/day)
- Flex points expire at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 1.
Summer Sessions Begin
The first meal for summer will be dinner on Sunday, May 9. Meal plan pro-rated as follows week of May 9 – 15:
- Standard 20: 19 meals
- Standard 14: 13 meals (6.67 days x 2 meals/day)
- Standard 10: 10 meals (6.67 x 1.43 meals/day)
Summer Sessions End
- Last day of meal plan 1st summer session is dinner June 25
- First day of meal plan 2nd summer session is dinner June 27
- Last day of meal plan 2nd summer session is dinner August 13