- Any event where alcoholic beverages are served must be held in accordance with applicable laws and must be approved in advance and in writing by Ohio University.
- Event planners are responsible for the conduct of all persons present and for compliance with the policy; they agree not to consume alcohol during the event.
- The majority of those in attendance must be over 21, and identification must be checked.
- Neither alcohol nor its consumption can serve as the theme of an event, nor can any other aspect of the event encourage consumption.
- Alternative beverages and food are required.
- There are maximum serving sizes, maximum quantities, and, in case where beverages are sold, minimum sale prices.
- Events may not begin before 11am, last after 1 am, or be longer than five hours.
Our beverage service includes anything from our famous punches to standard and specialty beer, wine, and liquor. Bar prices include call brands, bartender, glassware, non-alcoholic beverages, and mixers & bar fruit. Please confirm your event location with the catering staff due to alcohol licensing restrictions. The process of mixed drinks is customized to each location on campus. Please discuss with your catering representative at your next meeting.
University Alcohol Policy
Ohio University allows the sale and use of alcoholic beverages on the campus in a manner that is responsible and complies with the law. The Ohio University policy that addresses the sale and use of alcoholic beverages on campus is #24.001 "Alcoholic Beverages on University Property and in Fraternity and Sorority Houses." ; The Guide to Residential Living outlines additional policies relative to alcoholic beverages in residence halls on campus. If students violate the policy, residence hall rules, the Student Code of Conduct, or the law relative to alcohol, they are subject to discipline through The Office of Community Standards.
For more information on the Ohio University's alcohol policy click here.