About Culinary Services
According to a 2018 National benchmark survey, Ohio University Culinary Services has been recognized as one of the most efficiently operated Dining Services in the nation for 18 years in a row!
Culinary Services is also one of the largest self-operated college dining services in the nation.
Culinary Services provides exceptional service to the Ohio University community in support of its academic mission and vision.
On behalf of our entire Culinary Services staff, welcome to Ohio University!
Ohio University Culinary Services is proud to be one of the largest self-operated college dining services in the nation; according to a 2018 national benchmarking survey, we are one of the most efficiently-operated college dining services in the nation. Our goal is to provide the finest quality food and service at reasonable costs to our students and guests. Our meal plans offer flexibility, exceptional value, and convenience.
Please use this website as your guide to Culinary Services. If you have any questions, please contact us at 740.593.2970, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Did You Know?
- According to the National Association of College and University Food Services annual benchmarking survey, Culinary Services has earned the distinction as one of the most efficiently operated food services 18 years in a row!
- Culinary Services receives no state or federal tax revenue. We are self-supporting and generate revenue for Ohio University.
- Culinary Services certifies all managers, cooks, and custodians in safe food handling and has a HACCP program in place.
- Culinary Services is the largest employer of students on campus employing over 2,100 student workers
- Culinary Services has nationally-recognized student leader and internship programs in place, which offer students the opportunity to gain management experience and earn class credit. Currently there are 200 student leaders who work in our Dining Courts, Catering, Cafes, and Campus Markets.
- Culinary Services uses trans-fat free oil for deep-frying.
- Three management/staff members of the Culinary Services team have earned the FMP (foodservice management professional) designation, which is the highest credential awarded by the National Restaurant Association.
- Culinary Services serves approximately 4 million meals per year.
- Annual consumption of French Fries is 305,910 lbs.
- Annual consumption of quarter pound hamburgers is 19,575 lbs.
- Annual consumption of third pound hamburgers is 19,750 lbs.
- Annual consumption of boneless chicken breast is 71,876 lbs.
- Annual consumption of chicken tenders is 89,212 lbs.
- Annual consumption of chicken nuggets is 24,550 lbs.
- Annual consumption of pasta is 34,970 lbs.
- Annual consumption of fresh produce is 500,000 lbs.
- Annual consumption of baked goods is 100,000 dz.