About Culinary Services
Bobcat Student Orientation Information
Meal service planned for fall semester
Dining halls will offer carryout and to-go options initially with strategic introduction of dine-in options, as determined to be safe and appropriate.
- Culinary and retail venues transitioning cashless to expedite transactions and reduce contact.
- Removal of self-serve menu options.
Below are links to important information about Culinary Services.
Take a Virtual Tour of Culinary Services Locations
Culinary Services provides exceptional service to the Ohio University community in support of its academic mission and vision.
On behalf of our entire Culinary Services staff, welcome to Ohio University!
Ohio University Culinary Services is proud to be one of the largest self-operated college dining services in the nation; according to The National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS), we are one of the most efficiently-operated college dining services in the nation. Our goal is to provide the finest quality food and service at reasonable costs to our students and guests. Our meal plans offer flexibility, exceptional value, and convenience.
Please use this website as your guide to Culinary Services. If you have any questions, please contact us at 740.593.2970, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Did You Know?
- Culinary Services receives no state or federal tax revenue. We are self-supporting and generate revenue for Ohio University.
- Jefferson Marketplace won the 2019 Design of the Year award given by Foodservice Equipment & Supplies magazine
- Culinary Services certifies all managers and lead cooks in safe food handling and has a HACCP program in place.
- Over the last five years the Food Away from Home CPI has increased 10.5% while the meal plan rates increased 5.5%
- Culinary Services is the largest employer of students on campus employing over 2,100 student workers. The average student hourly wage is $9.62/hour and starting wages range from $8.70/hour to $9.55/ hour.
- Culinary Services has nationally-recognized student leader and internship programs in place, which offer students the opportunity to gain management experience and earn class credit. Currently there are over 200 student leaders who work in our Dining Courts, Catering, Cafes, and Campus Markets.
- Culinary Services uses trans-fat free oil for deep-frying.
- Two management/staff members of the Culinary Services team have earned the FMP (foodservice management professional) designation, which is the highest credential awarded by the National Restaurant Association.
- Culinary Services serves approximately 3.5 million meals per year.
- Annual consumption of French Fries is 305,910 lbs.
- Annual consumption of quarter pound hamburgers is 19,575 lbs.
- Annual consumption of third pound hamburgers is 19,750 lbs.
- Annual consumption of boneless chicken breast is 71,876 lbs.
- Annual consumption of chicken tenders is 89,212 lbs.
- Annual consumption of chicken nuggets is 24,550 lbs.
- Annual consumption of pasta is 34,970 lbs.
- Annual consumption of fresh produce is 500,000 lbs.
- Annual consumption of baked goods is 100,000 dz.