Please carefully review the OHIO Catering policy below when planning your next catered event:
OHIO Catering Information
Requests for catering services from OHIO Catering should be made online by using our web portal.
The OHIO Catering office, located in Baker University Center 125 is open to accept orders Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM, excluding holidays. The office can be contacted by calling 740.593.4035 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When planning for catered services, we ask that you plan as far in advance as possible. We would like you to contact our Catering office at least two (2) weeks prior to your event, and in no case fewer than five (5) business days. Two weeks gives us enough time to plan the best event for you, schedule our staff and order the foods, beverages and linens. OHIO Catering will make every effort to satisfy your requests for functions booked less than five (5) business days prior to the event date. A Late Fee will be added for placing, or changing an order with fewer than 5 business days lead time: 25% Late Fee for 4 days; 35% Late Fee for 2-3 days; 45% Late Fee for 1 day or same day.
Important Information for Planning Your Event
- Name of Department or Group.
- Account Number if charging to a Department, Billing Authorization, or Credit Card.
- Contact information with cell phone number preferred.
- Vegetarian or vegan meals needed.
- Special diet considerations.
- Special layout needs (reserved seating, head tables, skirting).
- Rain location if outdoor event is planned.
- China or disposable service.
- Style of service: Buffet; Served; Delivery/Setup; Delivery/Drop-off; Carryout.
- Program details – awards ceremonies, speakers, etc.
- Floral arrangements and centerpieces.
- Budget parameters.
- Served – All courses are served to each person, at the dining table. Depending on the time constraints of your event, the salad and/or dessert courses can be pre-set. Pricing is based on a single-menu entrée selection, plus a gluten-free/vegan option.
- Buffet – This style of service offers a variety of menu choices. Quantities of food will be prepared to adequately to serve the number of guaranteed guests. This, however, does not imply the buffet will be all-you-can-eat. A buffet is suggested when the following may occur: guests arriving at different times; physical layout of the room; mixed crowd requiring a varied menu; lack of facilities to serve formally; or a more informal style of event.
- Delivery setup/pickup – Deliveries made on campus with a setup required. Please be sure to order adequate tables from Event Services for events in Baker University Center, Walter Rotunda, Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium and outdoor spaces, or from Moving and Surplus for food and beverage service and have them set up at least three (3) hours before the event is to begin. We will setup approximately 15 minutes before your event is to begin unless instructed otherwise. If you need the event picked up promptly at the ending time, please be sure to indicate that when you arrange for catering service. A delivery fee will be added to any order outside of Baker University Center. Delivery times are available from 7 AM to 10 PM. Please make arrangements with academic buildings when scheduling a delivery at a time before or after the building is open to the public. Any delivery before or after these times may incur an additional charge dependent on time, guest count and location. Pricing includes the pickup of all equipment. All equipment is the sole property of OHIO Catering and must be secured by the customer until picked up by our staff. Any equipment not returned or returned damaged will be charged full replacement cost.
- Delivery drop-off – Deliveries made on campus with no setup required, as well as no return pickup/cleanup. A delivery fee will be added to any order outside of Baker University Center. A drop-off cannot occur if the menu requires reusable equipment. Delivery times are available between 7 AM and 10 PM. Any delivery before or after these times may incur an additional charge dependent on time, guest count and location.
- Pickup service – Carryout service can be arranged for items you may wish to pick up from Baker University Center Rm 125 Monday – Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM. You are responsible for the prompt return of any equipment that has been used at your event. Your account will be charged for any equipment that has been damaged or is not returned within two (2) business days from the date of your event.
- A deposit of 50% of the total event price is required for all events scheduled by an off-camps entity. That deposit is 100% refundable at least thirty (30) days before the event, and refundable up to 50% at least eleven (11) business days prior to the event cancellation. The deposit is non-refundable if cancelling within ten (10) business days of the scheduled event. Full-service dinners include the cost of appropriate wait staff. Breakfast/Lunch buffets and receptions do not include the cost of wait staff. Following are the costs of additional staffing:
- Server/Attendant – $17 per hour for 4 hours minimum
- Bartender – $17 per hours for 4 hours min. (2 hour bar service min.)
- Delivery Charges
- Delivery drop off: $25 on campus
- Delivery setup/pickup $60 on campus
- Linen fee: A charge for table skirt(s) will be added to orders below $100.
- A $3.00 per person fee to move china outside Baker University Center.
- Mileage at the IRS Standard Mileage Rate (currently $.545 per mile) for off-campus events will be added for off-campus events in addition to the standard delivery fees.
- Off-site events require a 15% service charge for labor and staffing.
We reserve the right to adjust or change our advertised pricing based on location, seasonal product availability and the current market price of products. Once your contract is signed, your prices are guaranteed. Sales tax will be added to the bill for all non-OHIO University events unless proof of exemption is provided.
How to Place an Order
These video tutorials will assist customers in placing an order through our CaterZen platform.
- At the time of booking, we will send you a copy of the event sheet for your final approval. We ask that you sign the event sheet to verify that you understand the menu charges and then return it within 24 hours to the OHIO Catering office. An estimated count must be communicated at the time the event is scheduled. At this point, OHIO Catering will plan and schedule for all the guests that you indicate will attend.
- A Guaranteed Count must be given to the OHIO Catering office by 4 PM no later than five (5) business days prior to the event (Monday is the deadline in the case of an event for the following Monday). The number can be increased up to 72 hours prior to the event, but the number cannot be decreased. The Guaranteed Count is the number that we will schedule, prepare and bill for (unless your actual attendance is higher than the guarantee). A late fee will be added to any order placed or changed with fewer than five (5) business days’ notice.
- If no final count is obtained, we will prepare and charge for the original number of guests. Cancellations up to eleven (11) business days prior to the event are without charge (except in the case of an off-campus entity deposit, which is a 50% charge). On-campus entities cancelling within ten (10) business days of the event will be charged 50% of the price of the event. On-campus entities cancelling with three (3) business days of the event will result in a full charge of the entire event.
Event Space and Equipment
Please reserve all non-food related equipment and arrangements by contacting OHIO University Event Services at 740.593.4000. All non-food related equipment and arrangements include the room reservation, the setup and room configuration, technology and audio visual needs, and other facility related information.
Please be advised that any linens, china, cutlery and décor items rented from an entity other than OHIO Catering is the responsibility of the person/group/department who ordered them. OHIO Catering can assist with these items on events, but will not be responsible for the receipt or return of these items to an outside vendor. Please make arrangements to have these items, delivered, picked up, and accounted for in advance of your event.
OHIO University takes exceptional care to follow recommended proper food handling procedures in the best interests of our clients and guests to help reduce the risk of foodborne illness. As such, we have certain service guidelines designed to help us maintain this high level of food safety practice. These guidelines include not serving or making available for service any food or beverage that was not produced or supplied by OHIO University Culinary Services or one of our approved vendors; adhering to time limits that food may be held safely for service; limiting the service of certain foods to certain locations and conditions under which food safety guidelines can be upheld; and keeping customers from removing perishable foods from functions for later consumption. These and other guidelines have been put in place to help protect you and the University from the risks of foodborne illness. Please discuss the service of alcoholic beverages with our Senior Catering Manager at email@example.com or 740.593.4035 to ensure compliance with University alcohol policies.
- OHIO Catering reserves the right to substitute items based on product availability. We will make every attempt to inform you of this change as far in advance as possible.
- OHIO Catering reserves the right to adjust prices at any time in response to fluctuations in food and labor costs.
- Please discuss any special dietary requirements with the Senior Catering Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.593.4035.
- All events planned to be served outdoors, must have an emergency plan in case of inclement weather.
If you feel your event should be exempt of OHIO Catering, please contact Chuck Wagers, Assistant Director Retail Operations, at 740.593.4036 or email@example.com
- Catering orders need to be placed at least 5 business days prior to the date of the event. If you experience time constraints or an unexpected event arises, please call the catering office for assistance.
- Final counts need to be called or emailed to the catering office at least five business days prior to the date of the event.
- We automatically prepare for 5% above your count. If your actual count is above your guaranteed count, you will be charged for the actual number of guests. If your actual count is lower than the guaranteed count, you will be charged for the guaranteed count given.
- Please contact us to make an appointment to discuss your event at 740.593.4035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.