Culinary Services takes pride in our extensive program that plays an integral role in the daily life at OHIO by fueling our community approximately 3.5 million meals each year. We are dedicated to our mission of proactively ensuring exceptional, customer focused services, proudly delivered by an engaged, dedicated team.
Auxiliaries Recognizes 2020 Service Award Employees
- 2022 - Ohio University Culinary Services' OHIO Eats APP received the Transact Distinction Award for Marketing and Outreach from Transact 360.
- 2022 - Executive Chef, Tim Bruce, was selected to compete in the Culinary Challenge at the National Association of College and University Food Services Midwest Conference, winning the bronze award. Ohio University Executive Chef Tim Bruce selected to compete in Culinary Challenge
- 2019 - LEED Silver Award - Jefferson Marketplace
- 2019 - Food Service Equipment and Supplies "Design of the Year" - Jefferson Marketplace
- 2018 - Campus food at OHIO received an A from Niche's 2018 Best College Food in America
- 2018 - Ohio EPA E3 Platinum Award - Key Player
- 2018 - Project Design of the Month (June) Food Service Equipment and Supplies Magazine - Jefferson Marketplace
- 2017 - Design of the Year Award - The District on West Green, Food Service Equipment and Supplies Magazine
- 2016 - "Silver Medal award" National Association of College and University Food Services - Boyd Market redesign.
- 2016 - Eaton's 39th Annual Source Awards, Commercial Honorable Mention Project - Lighting Design
- 2015 - "Bronze Award" NACUFS Sustainability - Waste Management Category
- 2015 - Awarded an "A" grade by PETA2 for providing exceptional on-campus Vegan options
- 2014 - Departmental Sustainability Award (awarded by the Ohio University Office of Sustainability)
- 2014 - National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS), Midwest Region 2nd Runner Up: Kathryn Slotta, Shively Court
- 2013 - National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) National Student Employee of the Year winner: Jesse Adams, Nelson Court
- 2012 - National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) Midwest Region Student Employment of the Year runner up Abby Frankart, Shivley Court.
- 2012- PETA2 Top Ten Most-Vegan Friendly Campuses - Ranked #4.
- 2011 - National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) Loyal E. Horton Dining. Awards, Boyd Dining Hall Cucina Di Luci, Special Event Honorable Mention.
- 2011 - National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) National Student Employee of the Year winner: James Turner, Shively Court.
- 2010 - PETA2 Top Ten Most-Vegan Friendly Campuses.
- 2010 - Best Social Media Application, Food Management Magazine.
- 2009 - Personnel Plus Trailblazer Award, Ruth Pugh, Retired General Manager Jefferson Dining Hall.
All managers and lead full time staff are certified in food safety by the Ohio Department of Health and the National Restaurant Association. All full time staff has completed Person In Charge Training.
Kent Scott, Associate Director of Auxiliary Operations, has earned the FMP (Foodservice Management Professional) designation from the National Restaurant Association.
Culinary Services has a nationally recognized student leader and student employment program which has been featured in national food service publications. Culinary Services also offers student management internships.