Applicants interested in the master's program in Latin American Studies at Ohio University must apply online through the Ohio University Graduate College. Click here to go to the application
Applications must be submitted by January 15 to receive full consideration for financial aid. Applicants must indicate their interest in receiving financial aid on their application form.
Application requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor's degree, or the equivalent to a 4 year US degree, from an accredited university with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
Application materials: All required materials must be submitted through the online application system by the January 15 deadline to receive full consideration for financial aid. Incomplete applications will only be reviewed once all documents have been submitted. The required application materials are:
- Online application form.
- Application fee: US applicants, $50; International applicants, $55.
- One transcript from each post-secondary institution attended (if transcript is not in English, please provide a certified English translation.)
- Financial Support Form (international applicants must include the required supporting documentation.)
- International applicants must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Three letters of recommendation (applicants must list three letter writers on their online application; letter writers will be invited to submit their recommendations online.)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Statement of purpose.
- Autobiographical sketch.
For more information, please refer to the Graduate College website.
Latin American Studies applicants are considered for two types of financial aid programs: Graduate Assistantship (GA) and Graduate Recruitment Scholarship/ Stipend (GRS). Financial aid awards are granted for one year; renewal is contingent upon satisfactory performance in academic and service obligations.
GA : requires a minimum academic course load of 12 graduate credits a semester and includes a tuition scholarship and a stipend for fifteen weekly hours of service to the program.
GRS : requires a minimum academic course load of 12 graduate credits a semester and includes a partial tuition scholarship and a stipend of $900 per semester for five weekly hours of service to the program.