UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Students interested in one of the Global Studies programs can apply through Undergraduate Admissions. The Center for International Studies does not currently have any selective or limited application requirements.
Current Ohio University students who wish to change their major or add a second major can apply to do so here.
GRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Persons interested in applying for admission must have a bachelor’s degree, equivalent to a US 4 year degree, from an accredited university with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
In order to fulfill the requirements for application, the following materials should be received by the addresses indicated.
- One completed online application (requires credit card fee payment)
- Application fee: US applicants, $50; International applicants, $55
- One official college transcripts for each post-secondary institution attended (International applicants should view more detailed instructions in the Graduate Catalog on the Graduate College website.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants only)
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 from individuals who can judge academic abilities)
The following documents will also be needed. Check your program for more specific details;
- Autobiographical Sketch (A one page personal statement that is descriptive of your life.)
- Statement of Purpose (A two page statement indicating career goals and how the program of study chosen will help meet those goals. Be specific in discussing the aspects of your personal and academic background that may lead to success in the area of study chosen.)
- A curriculum vita or resume
Things to keep in mind:
An application will not be reviewed until all required documents have been received.
Most CIS Graduate Programs admit ONLY in the fall semester (August) with an application deadline of January 1 (extended to February 19 for 2021 ) (for full financial aid consideration).
All non-native English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting official test scores for either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic).
Minimum proficiency levels for unconditional admission are:
- TOEFL: 550 or 80 iBT
- ELTS: 6.5 across all bands.
To be considered official, test scores must be reported directly from the testing agency to Ohio University.