The Global Leadership Center
Discover what leadership means to you. Forge your own understanding about what it means to be a leader -- in your own community and internationally. Through experience-based professional and cultural experiences, you can learn first-hand the skills and traits necessary to navigate global leadership. You’ll realize the inherent complexities and interconnectedness of the world and you’ll be better prepared to work in a global environment no matter your academic focus, specialty, or career path.
Global Leadership Certificate Program
Our two-year undergraduate certificate prepares students to serve as internationally-minded and skilled leaders in all walks of life (commercial, governmental and nongovernmental, educational, etc.). The GLC certificate is not a degree-granting academic discipline, but a curricular and co-curricular program that complements other disciplines. In this program, you will:
- Learn to think critically and creatively
- Develop skills to communicate clearly and logically
- Practice how to be flexible, non-dogmatic, and embrace ambiguity
- Understand the world's challenging commercial, political, religious, and cultural issues
- Work in teams comprised of both Ohio University and foreign-based international students on real-world projects, usually with real-world clients (both in the USA and abroad), in a community-based education experience
Professional Development and Experiential Learning Opportunities
The GLC offers many rich experiences and development opportunities for our students.
- Professional development programming
- Travel opportunities
- Team-based, peer project work
Cambodia International Collaborative Project
May 13 - 27, 2023
For more information, click here.