Paula K. Miller
Ph.D., Michigan State University, Department of Sociology
Areas of Specialization
- Intersectionality: Race, Class, and Gender
- Mental Health and Illness
- Class/Socioeconomic Status
- Race and Ethnicity/Racial Identity
- Whiteness Studies
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- Social Identities
- Class and Inequality
- Sociology of Mental Illness
- Social Psychology
- Elementary Research Techniques
Miller, Paula K. and Bridget E. Weller. 2019. "Uncovering Profiles of Economic, Social, and Cultural Capital to Explore Depression Across Racial Groups". Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. Electronic pre-print available.
Paula K. Miller. 2017. “How White College Students Enact Whiteness: An Investigation of the Attitudinal, Behavioural, and Cultural Components that Comprise White Racial Identity at a Historically White College.” Whiteness and Education 1(4):1-20.
Paula K. Miller. 2016. “But Aren’t We All Poor: How Whites’ Perceptions of Economic Group Threat Influence Racial Politics in Michigan.” Michigan Sociological Review 30: 44-68.