A&S Academics Unit
The Academics Unit, part of the A&S Support Team, is composed of nine staff members who support departments and programs in three primary areas: semester course evaluations; course scheduling and enrollment; and graduate programs.
What we do:
- Semester course evaluations
- Annual chair/director evaluations
- Semester course schedule entry and updates
- Graduate program support
- Syllabi collection and archiving
- Swipe access to College buildings
- Oversight of firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Building liaisons for Bentley Annex, Bentley Hall, Ellis Hall, Lindley Hall, and Wilson Hall Admin.
For all other academic-related requests, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academics Unit Mission Statement
To provide values-based, outstanding support to the departments, programs, and staff in the College of Arts and Sciences, and by doing so, to contribute to the success of the CAS Support Team.
- Customer service delivered with integrity, empathy, dispatch, and professionalism; focus on relationship-building and establishing a reputation for credibility
- A positive outlook—can-do attitude
- Collaborative and creative approach to problem-solving, working with others, and creating processes and procedures
- Adaptability. Our motto is "Semper Gumby."
- Strive for effective, mutually respectful communication. "Communicate, don’t escalate."
- Commitment to and care for each other and to the unit; growing together using collective knowledge and experience
- Continuous improvement by taking advantage of professional development opportunities, welcoming new ideas, and serving on university committees
- African American Studies — Kara Dunfee
- Biological Sciences — Penny Nutter
- Center for Law, Justice & Culture — Kara Dunfee
- Chemistry & Biochemistry — Michelle Raines
- Classics & Religious Studies — Bryan Baur
- College of Arts & Sciences — Bryan Baur
- Contemporary History Institute — Brenda Nelson
- Economics — Michelle Raines
- English — Bryan Baur
- Environmental & Plant Biology — Bryan Baur
- Geography — Cheri Sheets
- Geological Sciences — Cheri Sheets
- History — Brenda Nelson
- Linguistics — Benda Nelson
- Mathematics — Kara Dunfee
- Modern Languages — Brenda Nelson
- Molecular & Cellular Biology — Bryan Baur
- Ohio Program of Intensive English — Rena Peters
- Philosophy — Penny Nutter
- Physics & Astronomy — Cheri Sheets
- Political Science — Kara Dunfee
- Psychology — Rena Peters
- Sociology & Anthropology — Kara Dunfee
- Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies — Brenda Nelson