Introduced 50 years ago, Ohio University’s MBA/MSA degree is the oldest such program and consistently ranked among the best. Our approach blends exceptional classroom instruction with real-world, experiential learning, including class projects, an MSA capstone course in New York City and numerous internship opportunities. Our students have interned at the Super Bowl, the Orange Bowl, Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the NCAA Soccer Championships.
Master of Sports Administration and Master of Business Administration Dual Degree
We’re #1 in graduate sports business education
OHIO’s two-year MBA/MSA program will prepare you for leadership positions by combining the academically rigorous MBA program with sport-specific knowledge from the MSA program. This dual degree addresses the growing complexity of the sports, facility and entertainment industries, and helps you develop essential skills in communication, collaboration and teamwork.
- OHIO's MBA/MSA dual-degree is consistently ranked one of the best in the world.
- Our curriculum uses a problem-based learning style, combining classroom and practical experience.
- More than 85 percent of our 1,400 graduates work in key positions within intercollegiate athletics, professional sports, public assembly facilities, sports tours, motor sports, corporate sports organizations, sports media and the entertainment industries.
- Students in the MBA/MSA program have a unique opportunity to earn two degrees within one program. The total cost of the program is less than $37,000 for Ohio residents, and less than $57,000 for non-Ohio residents.*
- Our programs are accredited by both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
Prepare for a Career in the World of Pro Sports
The AECOM Center for Sports Administration
The AECOM Center for Sports Administration serves as a resource to solve the increasingly difficult issues facing the industry. Alumni of the program come to the Center with challenges their organizations are facing; current students research solutions to those challenges, increasing their knowledge base while building their own personal networks; and the Center shares their findings with industry professionals. It’s a unique arrangement that benefits everyone.
Valuable Learning Through Graduate Assistantships
Graduate Assistantships provided by the program offer a valuable learning experience. Student roles are varied and offer the opportunity to work 10 hours per week during the MBA year and 20 hours per week during the MSA year. Positions vary and opportunities exist within the College of Business, OHIO Athletics and more. These positions offer funding through partial tuition waivers and stipends.
Admissions Requirements & Deadlines
OHIO’s Dual MBA/MSA cohort starts in the fall. Admission is selective, so apply early for best consideration.
Study in America’s Best College Town
Situated in the rolling hills of Southeast Ohio (it’s surprisingly beautiful here), Athens is a small but eclectic city with a great local food and brews scene, plenty of parks, lakes, bike trails and national forests for the outdoor enthusiast, and drivable access to Ohio’s capital in Columbus.