Biometric Health Screenings
FY 23 Biometric Health Screening Options:
All benefits-participating University employees and their benefits-participating spouses/partners have several options to participate in a free* screening. A $60* reward will be associated with this option in 2022-2023.
*Taxed as income, appears on the paycheck of the benefits-carrier within one quarter of the conclusion of the screening window.
Athens and Regional Campus affiliates have three options for participating in a biometric health screening in FY23:
OhioHealth WorkHealth Athens, Castrop Center:
- The screening window for this option will be available September through November 2022 (note: the clinic is closed or has reduced hours on holidays).
- Appointments are required. Schedule an appointment at Athens WorkHealth Clinic. Appointments will become available in August 2022. At that time, you can call 614-566-WORK(9675).
Physician Screening Form:
- Beginning in Fiscal Year 2023, Physician Screening Forms will be accepted on a rolling basis for all campuses from July 1, 2022 - May 31, 2023!
- Please see below for additional details about submitting a Physician Screening Form.
On-Campus Screening Events:Athens campus events occur in the fall annually and Regional campus events occur in the spring. Regional event dates will be announced by February 2023.
Athens Campus events:
- September 20 at Baker Center
- October 19 at The Ridges
Regional Campus Events:
- March/April 2023, dates TBD
Please note that, with each of the options above, your results should be provided to you directly. Additionally, results will be input into your profile in Virgin Pulse. WellWorks will not retain a copy of your results. So, if you wish to access your results, it's a good idea to either share your results with your physician to store in your medical chart and/or set-up your account in Virgin Pulse prior to your screening.
For all campus screenings and screenings that occur at Athens WorkHealth Clinic: It is recommended that you fast for your screening 8-12 hours; however, if you need to schedule a time when fasting is difficult, don't fast. Inform the clinical team you are non-fasting and a non-fasting parameter for results will be used. Water is always allowed and is encouraged.
Eligible employees/spouses/partners who received a qualifying health screening from their physician can submit a Physician Screening Form (see PDFs below) instead of attending a screening event. Please note that this is a two-page document.
Forms: Please utilize one of the forms below (Athens campus or Regional campus) for qualifying lab work. The agreement (page one) and the physician screening form (page two) are both due at the same time.
Physician Screening Form logistics:
- Important Dates and Deadlines:
- FY22 Physician Screening Forms for Athens campus employees and eligible spouses/partners will be accepted July 1, 2022 through May 31, 2023 for valid labs taken December 1, 2021 through May 31, 2023.
- Regional Campuses:
- FY22 Physician Screening Forms for regional campus employees and eligible spouses/partners will be accepted July 1, 2022 through May 31, 2023 for valid labs taken April 1, 2022-May 31, 2023.
- If eligible participants complete a screening at WorkHealth or an on-campus screening, they do not need to complete a Physician Screening Form.
- Once your physician has completed the required fields of the forms, you or your physician can fax the completed and signed forms (2 pages) to WellWorks per the instructions on the form.
- We will contact you when we receive the form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not hear from us.
We highly encourage participants who utilize the Physician Screening Form to discuss the status of their appointment with their physician to ensure the visit is classified as preventive care within the Anthem network.
*Costs Associated with Screenings
While preventive care within the Anthem network is covered at 100%, services that are outside of the Anthem network and/or not classified as preventive care are subject to cost sharing. Please discuss the status of your visit with your physician's office. If your appointment cannot be classified as a Preventive Exam due to pre-existing conditions, we recommend scheduling your appointment at OhioHealth WorkHealth Athens, Castrop Center.
Please note that it does take some time to process all Healthy OHIO data and submit such data to payroll for payout on a paycheck. It is our intention for payouts to occur in January and June annually (depending on when you completed your screening). Though, please be aware that unforeseen obstacles may delay such payouts.