Transfer Process for Current OHIO Students
The School of Media Arts & Studies is dedicated to quality experiential education. Providing this quality in the school's curriculum depends in part on maintaining enrollment at a number that may be served effectively by the School's faculty. This policy on transfer students is one means through which the school is seeking to maintain this academic quality by limiting the number of students who wish to enter the program.
Transfer workshops for current OHIO students
These informational workshops are designed for current Ohio University undergraduate students interested in transferring to the School of Media Arts & Studies. We will discuss transfer criteria, forms, and process.
Our 2023 spring semester transfer workshops will be held in Schoonover Center 348 on the following dates:
Please note that this policy applies only to internal transfers, or transfers from within Ohio University. Students wishing to transfer from other colleges and universities should contact admissions directly.
- Approximately 35 to 50 students are accepted annually as transfer students into the School of Media Arts & Studies on a space-available basis only.
- Applications for transfer will be considered in the fall and spring semesters only.
- Every application deadline is 5 p.m. on the fourth Friday of the fall and spring semester. You will receive official notification of the outcome of your application by email the by the sixth week of the semester. This will be followed with instructions and advising from school personnel.
- To be considered for transfer, students should have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. In special cases the committee will review applications from students with GPAs as low as 2.5. Please note that the GPA qualifies a student only for consideration. It is not in any way a guarantee of admission if space is limited.
- Students whose GPA is below the 3.0 requirement may be admitted provisionally. This means the school reserves the opportunity to review the application again after the semester closes and see how the current semester's grades are impacting the student's overall GPA.
- Students may apply as early as their freshman year. First semester freshman applicants will be admitted provisionally. Full admission will be based on their performance in their first semester of coursework.
- Students denied admission may apply during the next semester. Students' applications will NOT be carried over to the next term.
- Any application that is incomplete will NOT be considered.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
To apply for transfer Students should be prepared to provide basic information, along with the following:
- Contact information for two references (from professors, high school teachers, guidance counselors or supervisors from a job)
- A one-page statement of your career goals and how the MDIA school will help you achieve those goal
- A digital signature (unsigned applications will not be considered)
Please direct any questions related to the transfer process to Professor Tyler Ayres.