Transfer Process for Current OHIO Students
The School of Media Arts and Studies is now accepting transfer applications for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The School of Media Arts & Studies is dedicated to quality experiential education. Providing this quality in the school's curriculum depends in part on maintaining enrollment at a number that may be served effectively by the School's faculty. This policy on transfer students is one means through which the school is seeking to maintain this academic quality by limiting the number of students who wish to enter the program.
Tuesday 11/7/23, 11:59pm: For consideration of Fall 2023 acceptance for Spring Semester 2024 enrollment
Monday 4/1/24, 11:59pm : For consideration of Spring 2024 acceptance for Fall Semester 2024 enrollment
Acceptance in Fall Semester 2023 – Tuesday 11/21/23
Acceptance in Spring Semester 2024 – Monday 4/15/24
Once received, all applications will be reviewed by the school. If you have any questions on this process, or need, assistance, please reach out directly to Tyler Ayres, MDIA Transfer & Advising Coordinator at email@example.com.
Please note that this policy applies only to internal transfers, or transfers from within Ohio University. Students wishing to transfer from other colleges and universities should contact admissions directly.
- Transfers into the School of Media Arts & Studies are on a space-available basis only. Application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Applications for transfer will be accepted through the academic year, according to the schedule above. Any acceptance decisions will be made within the above schedule.
- To be considered for transfer, students should have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Please note that the GPA qualifies a student only for consideration.
- Students whose GPA is below the 3.0 requirement may be admitted provisionally. This means the school reserves the opportunity to review the application again after the semester closes and see how the current semester's grades are impacting the student's overall GPA.
- Students may apply as early as their freshman year. If a first semester freshman is accepted, it will be on a provisional-basis. Full admission will be based on their performance in their first semester of coursework.
- Students denied admission will automatically have their applications forwarded to be considered again, in the 2nd round of reviews in spring semester. However, students' applications will NOT be carried over to the next term.
- Any application that is incomplete will NOT be considered.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
To apply for transfer Students should be prepared to provide basic information, along with the following:
- Contact information for two references (from professors, high school teachers, guidance counselors or supervisors from a job)
- A one-page statement of your career goals and how the MDIA school will help you achieve those goals.
- A resume
- A digital signature (unsigned applications will not be considered)