Undergraduate Admissions/Brass Division
Brass Audition Requirements
Whether you're just beginning your research into the School of Music or are working on your application, find all the resources you might need below. General University requirements are required to enroll into the School of Music. Requirements for auditions vary by performance division.
Brass Division Requirements
- At least one solo of major length.
- Solo movements and/or etudes contrasting in tempo and style are desirable.
- Demonstrate knowledge of scales and arpeggios.
- Advanced solos from state solo and ensemble contest lists are suggested.
- Sight reading and/or aural discrimination skills may also be assessed during your audition.
Have a Question?
For additional information regarding requirements, please contact the Brass division coordinator: John Schlabach.
Division Chair: John Schlabach
Professor of Trumpet