Eating Disorder Support Team
Eating disorders are complex and multifaceted issues that affect the mind, body, and daily functioning. Due to the complex nature of eating disorders, a team approach is best practice to target multiple areas of wellness. The Eating Disorder Support Team is a multidisciplinary team comprised of physicians, a dietitian, counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists, and an athletic trainer who help students with eating and/or body image concerns. The team is designed to support students whose symptoms are currently stable but who need additional support to stay on track.
A student may be discussed in the multidisciplinary team meetings in order to collaborate for care and identify most appropriate treatment recommendations. We will continue to assess a student’s progress and recovery and make updated recommendations based on student’s progress and level of functioning. Some students may need a higher level of care than the EDST is able to provide. When this occurs, EDST members will work with students to make referrals to other resources and treatment options.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Treatment plans that are individualized and may include care coordination, counseling, psychiatry, medical care, and nutrition service
- Determination of appropriate level of care based on the student's needs which may include seeking more intensive treatment off campus
- Recommendations based on progress and level of functioning
- Referrals and connections to community resources, as needed
- Collaboration with other offices, as necessary, to promote academic success and progress
Begin by initiating care with Counseling and Psychological Services. It is also recommended that you see a physician (e.g., Campus Care or hometown provider) to determine your medical needs.
You may also be recommended to schedule a nutrition appointment with a dietitian at WellWorks.
For more information about the Eating Disorder Support Team, please contact the coordinator, Eileen Marsal Koch, LPCC-S, by calling our main line: (740) 593-1616.