Coping Café is a space where any student can drop-in to learn a coping strategy, connect with peers, and have experience practicing coping strategies for a wide range of concerns. There is no limit for how often you can use this service! You don’t have to be a CPS client in order attend Coping Café. This service is offered during Fall and Spring semesters, and does not replace individual or group mental health treatment.
Typical Presenting Concerns
- Academic stress
- Feeling unrelaxed
- Over worrying
- Poor sleep hygiene
- Loneliness and feeling isolated
- Poor time management
- Difficulty with effective communication
Strategies Discussed in Cafés
- Mindfulness and mediation techniques
- Deep breathing exercises
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Self-care routines (e.g., sleep, exercise)
- Skills for managing unhelpful thoughts
- Skills to increase academic success
- Skills to facilitate communication
The preceding lists are examples and do not represent the full scope of presenting concerns or strategies covered.
Attending a Café
The Fall 2023 Coping Café schedule will be posted at a later date.
For reminders about Coping Café and other services and events, Follow us on Twitter